Advent Calendars 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Share your plans for Advent Calendars for yourself here. From coffee, tea, cocoa, chocolate, jams, alcohol, and so many other things, there is something for everyone.

• Love
Reactions: jampss and luludou

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Who is planning to buy an Advent Calendar this year? Last year, I had Bonne Maman's calendar, 23 fruit spreads and 1 honey. This year's design is beautiful, it's a decoration on its own. It was my number two choice last year because I missed out on Chuck's Luxury Advent Calendar from Williams Sonoma so when I saw it pop up on their site this year, I grabbed it. It's ridiculously expensive but I'm looking forward to seasonings, sweets, condiments, and cookware-inspired ornaments. I can't wait for the mini ornament version of their famous chicken jug.

Two years ago, I bought the Yankee Candle Advent Calendar. I was disappointed, not only were there more tealights than votives but the doors were so hard to open, I tore several cuticles over the 24 days!

Chuck's is here: https://www.williams-sonoma.com/pro...vent-calendar/?pkey=s~advent~16&sbkey=default

Bonne Maman is here: https://www.bonnemaman.us/2022-advent-calendar.html

Yankee Candle has a couple of versions this year, available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=yankee+candle+advent+calendar+2022&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I do not do advent calendars for myself but would like to try one.
I got the kids their Cadbury Chocolate advent calendars yesterday, I like to get them early as they can sell out.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I do not do advent calendars for myself but would like to try one.
I got the kids their Cadbury Chocolate advent calendars yesterday, I like to get them early as they can sell out.
Yes, I order the Cadbury calendars from an online British food shop. I forgot to mention that there are a ton of beauty Advent calendars out there also - treat yourself!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I haven't done an advent calendar in ages. But my DD has gotten one the last 2 years for her goldendoodle (I was too late to get one), so this year, I think I'm going to get one for my little schnauzer.

Williams Sonoma has a wonderful spice/seasoning advent calendar. It's showing on their web site at $250 (WHAT????), but I know it wasn't that much 2 years ago, when my DD bought it as a birthday gift for my chef-friend, who hosts Christmas Eve. She got it on sale Thanksgiving weekend, maybe $25???? He loved it and still talks about it.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
But my DD has gotten one the last 2 years for her goldendoodle (I was too late to get one), so this year, I think I'm going to get one for my little schnauzer.
I forgot to mention calendars for our furry friends. I hear Trader Joe's has a great one but you have to grab it as soon as it comes out, it flies off the shelves.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I forgot to mention calendars for our furry friends. I hear Trader Joe's has a great one but you have to grab it as soon as it comes out, it flies off the shelves.
That's where my DD got hers last year, Aldi the year before. But you're right, you have to be there when they're set out or they're gone! Chewy and some of the pet stores have really nice ones on sites, so I may go ahead and order one online.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Buffy got an advent calendar last year. The sometimes have them at BJ/Costco or on Amazon.

For DS and DDIL I have the plain paper ones that I grew up with. No treats but it is from the Metropolitan Museum of Art!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I should just buy myself one. They have so many these days, why not!?

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Love the Williams-Sonoma one!
That would be an indulgence!!!

The jam one looks cute.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have always wanted to get Jaymee the wine one from Aldis but they sale out to fast. Last year I got Ryan and Jaymee the Christmas Tree poster and they had a lottery ticket a day to scratch off. Think I will do that again this year. Should start getting a few tickets here and there.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My cousin got her self and me the Keurig one last year. We both agreed not worth the money. We both thought they put all the coffees that didn’t sell well in the calendar to get rid of them.
I’m looking for a nice chocolate one for my husband. I really wanted the Hotel one but they don’t ship to the US. I better decide on something soon or he will get one from Walmart again.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
We both thought they put all the coffees that didn’t sell well in the calendar to get rid of them.
:oops: - that's one way to get rid of the excess stock but there's a reason it was excess!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I pre-ordered a Reber calendar for my husband. And ordered another one that is liquor filled chocolate bottles just for more fun, we can share that one.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Here in Canada, Purdy’s Chocolates does advent calendars. They have a vegan one which I have never seen before. I might just have to get one!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I saw one where each day you make part of of jigsaw puzzle! I might get this for puzzle loving DDIL

Reactions: Lana and luludou

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I saw one where each day you make part of of jigsaw puzzle! I might get this for puzzle loving DDIL
I have one of those puzzles in my cart on Amazon now. Plus I added the 365 day calendar that you put together each day to the correct date. Not very colorful but might be fun. We love puzzles. Had Dh to pick up a free puzzle that was missing two pieces because we will not mind the missing pieces. It was a White Mountain’s Trick or Treat Hotel.

Last edited:
Reactions: halimer and luludou