After Christmas Clearance...What are you excited about?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
My DH and I went out this morning. We left the house at about 11. I found two Jim Shore Santas...one for $15 at Macy's with the $10 off $25 coupon and one for 25% off at a local Hallmark. The one at 25% off was this year's Songs of Christmas Santa so I decided to go ahead and get it.

At Hallmark I found and bought three of the Partridge in a Pear Tree ornaments for 50% off! It is a new series that starts this year. I had a hard time finding ONE before Christmas so I was excited to find these. I am going to start the series for DS and DD!

I bought very little at Target but found some food items. I bought Oreos for $1.49 a package! I will use them for Oreo Truffles for Valentine's Day. I also bought two packages of Turtles which are my favorite candy!

What after-Christmas items are you excited about?

Glenda

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I wanted to find Christmas cards but there was not one box to be found at my local WalMart.

I did pick up some ornaments that I have some ideas to craft up. Funny how I never saw these ornaments before they went on sale because I would have paid full price for them. Thank goodness I didn't see them before today.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I was not going to go but Jaymee (DD) called to see what I was doing so mom and I went. Went to Lowes-I got nothing, Wal-Mart I got some throws, stickers, treat sacks and wrapping paper that I don't need. then to cracker barrel and got a tea set and we ate.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Walmart didn't have much when I was there this afternoon.

I did pick up some candles, paper napkins and Christmas crackers.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I didn't need anything except name tags for next year. DS and DDIL picked up some for me when they went to WM earlier tonight. I didn't see any decor before Christmas I though I couldn't live without. Maybe next year there will be something I want. So this year, I am just saving my money!

Good luck to all of you looking for something, though. I hope you find what you want.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I want to find some nice blankets on clearance for the kids. I picked up Happiness is a Warm Blanket and would like to do a dinner and a movie theme night sometime in the dreary part of January. Iwant to give the kids a new blanket. We will, of course, be having pigs n a blanket for dinner. ;)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Found lots of stuff....I'll list it later...but one of my faves....is the non Christmas wrapping paper...to use throughout 2012..

1.49 rfor the big rolls and 50 cents for the smaller ones.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
my daughter got me aoranment box. i went to yankee candle store and got some candles and air fresherns for the house and car on sale. i got myself a snowman purse and wallet from the country homemade shop. all i need is paper and tags ill go tomo when i go to the drs.

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
Gingerbug,

Love the wrapping paper you picked out to use throughout the year! I always try to do the same thing.

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
I want to find some nice blankets on clearance for the kids. I picked up Happiness is a Warm Blanket and would like to do a dinner and a movie theme night sometime in the dreary part of January. Iwant to give the kids a new blanket. We will, of course, be having pigs n a blanket for dinner. ;)

What a cute idea! Good luck finding the blankets!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm not looking for anything really. I don't think I'll make any special trips out this year.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I like Kim am not looking for anything. Really am working on living simply. If I don't REALLY need it or want it badly, not dragging it in here. What we have is "enough"

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nothing for me either. I did write out the few Christmas things I'd like but I will not go in the store with so many people. ... guess I don't REALLY need anything

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I need a new wallet for me. I need six wallets (3 guys, 3 girls) for graduation gifts.

I need a set of silver plate picture frames for a wedding gift.

I need something for a bridal shower -- depends on what goes on sale and what I can find that's fun and cool.

I plan to stock up on fun Christmas paper for DGKS presents, along with plain wrapping paper to use for birthday gifts.

I also will be looking for Christmas craft items, etc.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We did a little bit of shopping yesterday, DS needed a new backpack and got him one for $15 reduced from $100 so we were pleased with that. Got a few tea light candle holders and that is about it. There was not much left in our stores which suits me as I really do not need anything

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I have started my shopping for Christmas 2012 -- got my son in law a flannet pant, t-shirt pajama set from Kohls -- and a pair of heavy black winter gloves (Kohls) -- the pajama set was 45 dollars regular and the gloves were 36 dollars regular. -- Used my ten dollars Kohls cash I had, plus the clearance price, plus another 15% off pluse free shipping equals

$5.12 for both gifts combined !!! good start for 2012 !!!

also got a roll of wrapping paper for 1.25 at Target - big roll.

ellen

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mrs. Paul those are great deals! love having you back on here :)

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
Remember to look through your coupons and take them to the store when you are out looking at after Christmas sales. Walmart had holiday Ziploc bags in two sizes for just $1.14 a box. I had a coupon for $1.00 off two boxes so that made for some really cheap bags!

I always try to think "outside" of the box when I am looking at Christmas clearance items. How can I repurpose this item for another holiday, occasion, etc.?

I always buy green plastic cutlery for Easter. I take an orange napkin and wrap it around the green cutlery to make a carrot for Easter. Last year I bought snowflake items and used them for my DD's ice skating birthday party. This year I am buying candy themed items for a Candy Buffet playdate or party for DD and a few friends.

I am also looking for items with a cupcake theme that could be used for a birthday party. My DD loves cupcakes and we are thinking of a cupcake theme for her next birthday.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes Glenda...that is how I think too...what can I use for other things...etc... great minds think alike!

This year I made some observations....

1. There were hardly ANY people out shopping the after Christmas sales early....in years past there were crowds of people out. The ONLY place where there was a crowd was Target...and even that was not huge...I'm not sure why they were there because I think Target had a very poor selection this year.

2. The nature of my post Christmas shopping has changed...I am no longer drawn to deocrations etc because I already have so many of those...I did pick up one gingerbread candle holder becaue next year I am doing the gingerbread/candy theme in the kitchen. So I added one little item to what I already have!

3. I tended to look for clearance items that I could use in the Christmas art Journal next year since I know I'll be doing that gain! Things like tags and stickers and other cheap items

4. The stores had MUCH less this season. BUt I found some really awesome deals at Michaels...stocking stuffers and little gifts as low as 30 cents

5. I bought more ME stuff....lol...nothing huge...I bought a cute Treasure the moments frame because my 2012 word is treasure...

6. I did buy some stocking stuffers and a few gift items for 2012 so I am ahead of the game but not near as many as in years past....partly because there just wasn't much out there!

7. Bought some cute cards and wrapping paper as I was out....at good prices too!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We purchased 'two things':

1. I was excited to purchase 6 flannel sheet sets for my boys, 40% off the already reduced price from Sears (online) :) 2 sets of red, 2 of blue, and 2 of green (really with three sons, colour matters, no arguing who stole 'my' sheet?!) lol

2. DH purchased a large organizer for nuts and bolts etc... from TSC - 50% off I think?

I did not leave the house. Stayed home and lost several games of cards to a 13 year old still vibrating from sugar and red dye from yesterday ;)