After Christmas decor

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
It's often a dilemma to me how to decorate after Christmas. I do like to leave some snowman-themed items out, but still get comments about still being decorated for Christmas. And although I do like to extend the winter season, because I enjoy snow skiing, it's still a conundrum to me that I am so anxious for spring. For this week, I resorted to setting out a few bird houses on the dining room table and a side table, mostly because DD and family are visiting, and Sonja (age 2) at least can't break the bird houses. When they leave, I will go back to my icy blue dining room table decor with candles.I also have some candles I can put out on the coffee table. On the back deck, I have some yellow primroses and a pink cyclomen. On the front deck tricycle planter, I have three pink cyclomen. I am anxious to purchase some cut flowers, probably daffodils and/or tulips which are out in the stores now.

What is your January-February decor?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I think the snowmen are great. A collection of skiing people would be nice since you like skiing. There are hard to find that aren't Christmas related so it would be an exciting thing to hunt.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I have some snowman decor that I out out once the Christmas decor has been taken down and packed up. A few of them light up, some are wooden snowmen and some wall hangings of snowmen and snowflakes.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I have snowmen out for now, along with evergreens with "ice" on them, a sled with a candle that says let it snow, snowflakes, pine cones, that kind of thing. Soon I will pull it and put out Valentine's Day things.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This year I have left up evergreen garland + white lights above kitchen cabinets and long high shelf in living room...I don't care if it seems Christmassy still or not! lol I just love those white lights at night and miss them when they are gone!

Above my kitchen cabinets I left my decor up since it is really winter themed. White ceramic platters and pitchers, a snowman made out of twigs/grapevine? painted copper and a black chalkboard tray with a hot cocoa bar message written on it in white by a talented friend.

I have a few snowmen I have out. By mid-January I want to have all Valentines things up - and fortunately hearts seem to go well with snowmen and evergreen garland + white lights :)

Some other winter themed things I've always wanted to use to decorate and could be considered winter vs. Christmas:

- Wooden sleds
- Skis
- Ice Skates
- Snowballs (I've seen a few different ideas for DIY'ing these)

I've got a picture saved somewhere of a lovely mantle draped with a plaid woolen blanket scarf in blues and burnt oranges, then topped with a small wooden sled, miniature wooden ski's and so on. It was so pretty - I'll try to find it!

I'd like to make a runner for the hallway bookshelf that is winter themed - not quite ready to put out the one I use during spring/summer...

Great thread ...will keep thinking on this one...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ It is a great thread. Everything you describe sounds so cosy.
We don't usually decorate seasonally although it is something that I would like to change some what. I am going to start collecting some interesting seasonal decor and try and put it out. I have bought an evergreen wreath that is hanging by my front door that I will decorate for the holidays we celebrate starting with Australia Day on January 26th.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i found a snowman lamp at a thrift shop this week i will leave it up in my guest room all year

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
I found this cute tree in an urn all decorated in lights and this santa face that's tin but,it had a clock face with hands it really is different.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Housewife2, snowmen are my favourite. I think the lamp sounds gorgeous.