An Unexpected Christmas Gift

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Thanks everyone!
If someone had told me last Christmas that I'd have a baby by next Christmas I would never have believed it. Just goes to show that nothing is impossible.
I'm being incredibly careful and hoping everything turns out alright. I'll have to try to think of how to incorporate a 4-5 week old into the Christmas celebrations. :)

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Frosty:
My youngest son was born in Nov. and we had so much fun with him during his first Christmas season. We made Christmas cards with him dressed in a little elf costume and I made him a silly "beard" out of quilt batting. This photo is also on his BABY'S FIRST CHRISTMAS ornament and we still giggle every year.

For my dd's first Christmas, we took her footprint and placed it on the front of a card, and then I inscribed the bible verse: "And she brought forth her firstborn son..."
This card became a keepsake for family members.

Babies are a blessing to share with everyone!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Thank you for sharing your wonderful news! I'm so excited for you and your DH!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
CONGRATS! That is such wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you!!!

DH and I tried for years before our little one came along - every day we talk about how lucky we are!

:)

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Congratulations!! What a Blessing. Your news is just a reminder of what God can do when we just give it to him.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Frostyshimmer-

I do remember when you were posting about that last fall. My heart broke for you!

What a miracle!

Another reminder: "There's always hope!" Never give up, never stop believing.........

Annie

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Thanks again everyone! I'm hoping to put his/her picture on our Christmas cards. Also planning to read Twas the Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve and put out cookies for santa, even if it is way too young to understand. :)

I should find out if it's a he or a she in about a week.

It seems like there is so much to do before the baby arrives and so little time to do it all, especially for a planner like me. I can barely stay awake past 8 pm these days, which I'm hoping is normal.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
OMGoodness FrostyShimmer! What an amazing blessing! Praying for a healthy pregnancy! Keep us posted!