ANNOUNCING CIJ 2012 "Oh Christmas Tree"

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I wanted to "dust off" the CIJ forum and start giving out information about our upcoming month long celebration.

For 2012 our theme is "Oh Christmas Tree."

Last year we did weekly themes and that got a bit hectic....so this year we will have a month long theme. I have been gathering lots of Christmas tree ideas....and by that I mean lots of different trees to actually make to sit on counter tops, tables, and mantles. I'll be posting links to some of the ideas soon so you can gather materials. I am planning to craft trees all month long!

Second we will have a Christmas Tree photo contest as opposed to the weekly giveaway thrreads. More details to follow but be looking for your Christmas tree photos so you will be ready to enter. If anyone wants to host a giveaway thread you are free to do so...you can start the thread anytime after JULY 1st. It is the "host"'s responsibility to monitor the thread, give dates etc for posting and to announce the winner and mail the prize. No one is obligated to have one but I know some people like to so please feel free.

Lastly we will also focus on theme trees and ornaments. I'm not sure excactly how or what....

I hope you will join us for OH CHRISTMAS TREE and add to the FUN!!!

Last edited:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Wow cant believe it already time to start thinking about this. Sounds exciting

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
EXCITED!

Annie:elf:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I LOVE this!!

I have a new tree this year, so the timing is perfect - lots of decorating ideas!! YAY!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
HOORAY!!! So ready to enjoy CIJ celebrations, discussions, planning, EVERYTHING! :)

I am totally on board with the Christmas Trees theme! There is almost endless food for conversation there!

From theme choices to ornament craft project to making little tabletop trees to...well - you name it!

I for one would like to talk about lighting with the group too. I can share my experiences with LED vs. regular lights, light placement techniques, etc. and hopefully get some advice from others!

So, in short - HOORAY! :)

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I can't believe we are this far into the year! Where has the time gone? I am so ready to get back into the swing of things. Sounds like a fun theme for this year! I will really enjoy re-reading last years' posts as well!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
cant wait. we will put out some chrismas items at cracker barrel in july

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I'm ready!! I don't do a big tree anymore, but I could do a few small ones.