Another use for window clings

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Every now and again I will see a really cute window cling at the dollar store or Walmart, but never really want to use them on my windows. I have bought a couple to put on my clear cookie jar for different holidays, but otherwise don't use them anywhere else. I just bought one of those insulated plastic cups with a straw that resemble the fast food cups, and wondered if I could make a Temporary Christmas cup by attatching my gingerbread window cling to it and I love it...It worked on my travel coffee mug too (it has a plastic shell). I realized I could use the window clings to attatch onto everyday glasses, pitchers, vases, utensil crocks, the outside of ceramic bowls and the udersides of clear plates to turn an everyday item into different holiday themes. I just passed up a cute little happy face guy holding a balloon, thinking he would be cute to have for my kids birthdays.......now I think I will go back and use him to make a special birthday plate for my kids birthdays. I think I'll be on the lookout for another one to add to the clear plates at the dollar store for the neighbors cookie plate.

edited to add.... I noticed some window clings have more of a transparent background and have the same vivid colors on both sides. These can easily attatch to the bottom of a glass plate by flipping it in the reverse. The ones that are more vivid on one side, can still be applied with the good side showing through the plate but, you have to wet the good side before attatching it to the bottom of the plate.

Last edited:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Putting them on the cookie jar is awesome. I don't like storing them, so usually a friend of mine buys me Disney ones from Walgreens and then I just toss them afterwards. Not good I know, but they are kind of a pain to store.

I love the idea of putting them on other things as a temporary holiday addition. Perfect for gift plates for sure. They can remove them and still have a useful plate the rest of the year!

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I don't like storing them, so usually a friend of mine buys me Disney ones from Walgreens and then I just toss them afterwards. Not good I know, but they are kind of a pain to store.

MinnieCo, I never put them back on the sheet they came on. I just stack them one on top of the other and put them in a baggie and try to keep them flat. I don't normally have a problem getting them to restick, but If for some reason they dont stick as well, or an edge curls, I just wet the back a bit and that helps them re stick.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
This is a fantastic idea! And you could use them to keep track of everyone's glass at a party. Thanks for sharing.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great idea! I put them on my mirors too for Christmas but never thought of the other things :)