Any great ideas for Easter Baskets this year?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm struggling with Easter baskets for the nieces and nephews. Last year, I just did a chocolate pop and a gift card inside a card for each of them. I already bought dn3mos old a toy and will get her an outfit to go with it. I have a 5yo nephew, a 9yo nephew, and a 10yo niece. They all get whatever they want, so it's a struggle to make it special.

Any suggestions or should I just do the gift cards? I am trying to do as little candy as possible.

Thanks!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
My dad and his wife give each of the grandkids Easter bakets each year filled with the their favorite snacks like: cheese and peanut butter crackers, fruit bars, granola bars, a couple small pieces of candy, pudding cup.

Another idea is picking up a inexpensive movie.. there are a lot of movies out there for between $5 - $10 and then adding a couple items of their favorite snacks to enjoy while watching their new movie.

The 10yo neice - if she is in to girly things then you could fill her basket with a bead kit, hair bands & ribbons, new brush, a small make up bag to hold all her new stuff and maybe some nail polish.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
What about things from the dollar store? socks, hair stuff, card games, yo yos, bubbles, kites. I like the movie idea. I don't put too much candy in my grandkids baskets. I make peanut butter eggs for each person in the family. My kids and grandkids don't like jelly beans (I think they are secret aliens from Mars). I make carrots from celephane (orange) and fill them with M&Ms. I know you can buy plastic ones already filled, but I like to make them. And a $5 gift card to McD's or Arby's or some fast food place might be fun for them.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I like doing non-traditional baskets. I have used plastic containers, buckets, popcorn tubs, storage drawers, etc. I am thinking about doing the popcorn tubs with a DVD, movie theater candy and maybe a gc or some $$ this year. Even though I've done them before, it is simple and everybody likes it. :)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I don't do traditional baskets either. I put my own together. I have a daughter and I've bought her things like spring socks, new flip flops when she got older. Head bands, hair accessories. Maybe a few pieces of her favorite candy and a movie. Each year its a bit different and she imformed me at 16, it's still one of her favorite things to receive each year and she will "expect" gift boxes in college. LOL

I was at Barnes and Noble the other day for St. Patricks Day and found what I'm going to build her basket around. She loves the Keep Calm and Carry On Posters and they have a Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake line. I'm going to buy her some things from that line and then add a few other small things.

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...+cupcake&sprefix=keep+calm+and+have+a+cupcake

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm struggling with Easter baskets for the nieces and nephews. Last year, I just did a chocolate pop and a gift card inside a card for each of them. I already bought dn3mos old a toy and will get her an outfit to go with it. I have a 5yo nephew, a 9yo nephew, and a 10yo niece. They all get whatever they want, so it's a struggle to make it special. !

Add a book to the DN basket, that should be enough to fill a plastic pail for an Easter Basket.

5yo boy: You could go with a cowboy hat for a basket, a book about cowboys, some plastic horses and farm equipment, a pair of chaps if you can find or make them.

10yo girl: use a pretty box (to be used for storage for the basket, fill with hair items, a mirror, ribbons, some shampoo and cream rinse or a small basket filled with beading supplies or do a manicure/pedicure box and of course a book to read

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow!

I am enjoying all these ideas, too! I have DD19 and DS7 ... DH, too.

Thanks!

:easterbunny:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Another Thing ....

Even last year, DD19 wanted to search for eggs!! DH hides them very well out back! When she was little and I do this now for DS7 ... I have plastic eggs filled with Annie's cheddar bunnies and chocolate bunnies (a healthier version of Goldfish crackers) ... and also coins. Then I hide the baskets around the house, too!

One year for DD as a teen, I put silly things in some eggs like cat food!!

:easterbunny:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I think that I'm going to get them all a shirt (Pens for the boys and something from Justice for DN) and then add some candy/trinkets to their baskets.