Any stocking ideas for adult guys?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

horsemama

MHH Member
Jun 22, 2011
My brother told me his girlfriend buys him gifts that she wants him to have, not what he'd like to have. He's not looking forward to Christmas. So I thought I'd do a stocking for him this year. He's not into technology. He's a mechanic / part-time farmer, he hunts, fishes, etc. An outdoor kinda guy. He has every tool you could think of. He thinks Yeti's are funny, so I bought some white fur to make him a stocking like a Yeti foot. But I'm trying to think of little things to put in this stocking. I got him a superman graphic tee, and a pair of warm gloves so far. I'm thinking of a Tractor Supply ball cap, honey (likes in his coffee), wool socks, fish hooks, maybe a new bobber...I'd like to give him a few things to encourage him to take a little time off to fish. He keeps letting other people's needs get ahead of his need for a little down time.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I think it's hard to get guys to look forward to Christmas. If he likes to read at all, he might like a book or two by Patrick McManus. They are hilarious:
  • Wikipedia: McManus wrote mostly about his outdoor adventures from his childhood with semi-fictional characters such as his old woodsman mentor Rancid Crabtree and his childhood friends Crazy Eddie Muldoon and Retch Sweeney and his dog Strange. The stories' humor is mostly based on elaborate exaggerations of his surreal adventures in the outdoors. McManus's writing is characterized by a dry wit that has drawn comparisons to Mark Twain and Robert Benchley.
Sounds like a BIG stocking if it will hold a t-shirt, gloves, cap, honey, etc.

My guy loves flashlights!

Santa once put batteries in my DSonIL's stocking with a note "gift not included". All morning as he was opening gifts, he expected to get one that would need the size batteries that were in his stocking … but no … LOL

You're a sweet sister! Merry Christmas

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Maybe a fillet knife for fishing, some fishing line, some jerky, mixed nuts, maybe a book about the local fish or a fishing guide from the Natural Resource department, bait, bullets for his gun (I usually get these and wrap them)...whiskey to keep him warm if he drinks. We used to take it with us and take a little nip when hunting on really cold mornings.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Some ideas. I'm looking for more too, but these are things I've done in the past.

Jerky/pepperoni sticks
Woodworking clamps -- can never have enough clamps
Router bits -- can never have enough router bits
Tool cable ties -- can never have enough tool cable ties
Old fashioned hard candy and lemon drops
Tiny lamps that clip to things -- like hats, car hoods, etc.
Waterproof match case
Hot sauce
Car wash (truck wash) gift card
Emergency prep item/tool of some sort - see the prepper sites for ideas.
Reader Sunglasses

Hydro Flask or other water bottle (found on sale) filled with candy or socks. Costco had these for about a a blink last month before they sold out. Grabbed one for DH's and DS's stockings. I've considered food thermoses also but haven't done it yet. Those can get pricey but I'm on the lookout for sales.

horsemama

MHH Member
Jun 22, 2011
Awesome ideas!

DahliaDoll - yeah, it's gonna be good sized. Yeti's have big feet LOL

MrsSoup - fishing line and bullets would work great

Cindylouwho - wow you've got lots of good ideas. I didn't know they made reader sunglasses. Great idea.

I used to give him homemade cookies. Also chocolate covered raisins, but he cut out sweets...so I don't know.

Thanks! :)

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Guys are so hard to buy for!
I do lottery tickets for my guys. Also gift cards for cabellas, bass pro shop or your local shops.
I picked up a mini screw driver set and a tweezer set at dollar tree not too long ago.
My husband and son both have the yeti travel coffee mugs which they love. I had them engraved to make them more personal.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good quality woolen sox are always a hit with my guys.
I also include some deodorant or body wash and one of those bath puffs. I also often include some Radox muscle soak so they can have a good long bath after working hard.
I pop in a chap stick and some heavy duty hand wipes or sanitizer.