Anyone else gearing up already?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
I've been rereading my Houseworks book. And bought some of the cleaning supplies recommended.

Then I went outside and cleaned all of the outsides of the windows. I LOVE my squeegee. And having a caddy sure makes things easier.
My main bathroom is sparkling. The second bathroom is in the middle of a remodel but should be up and running soon.
I'm excited this year. Last year we went on vacation a few weeks into the plan and that completely threw me off track. After that I honestly didn't even try to get back but this year I'm hopeful that I will make it all way.

Who else is gearing up?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Me Me Me....

I decided that between now and the official start of the plan I need to be diligent in following my daily and weekly routines...!!!! And then I am throwing in a few Magic Maintenance chores also....hopefully this will mean an easier time when the plan starts officially!!

CEO

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2007
I am.

The last few years have been so busy, my poor house is in sore need of a top-to-toe makeover. What better time than to follow the HHP?

CEO

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
Ok, first. Wow, CEO replied to one of my topics! That alone is just awesome to me. LOL

Ginger you are way ahead of me. I can't even make up mind on what needs to be on my morning and evening routines. There is one thing that works for my family but I can't bring myself to consistently do it. I know I really need to work on that.

I'm really good at making the list I'm just not so great at going back to see what needs to be done.

goodelf

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2007
I am! Like Gingerbug I'm trying to complete all my daily routines fully, and today my husband and I worked on some of the outdoor maintenance tasks I would normally incorporate into front porch week in the plan.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Just this week, I donated my Houseworks book to the library. Guess I'll have to check it out now.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh! Speaking of, where is my Houseworks book? I have to find that. I used it last year. Myself, I'm sitting here with my Notebook in front of me. Kids are sleeping in (summertime). I should have at least a few more minutes...

Last year was my first year with the Notebook and this year I'm much clearer about how I want to set it up -- a combination of computer docs and hardcopies. Ha! Last year just building the Notebook alone was a major project! Off to the Houseworks website to find new printables....

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
All this Christmas in July has me in the mood, so yeah, I've been "gearing up" too ... printing my 2008 forms today that I need to fill in the blanks here and there and writing some dates on my Calendar... Autumn is right around the corner and I can't help but get a little excited (and hopefully that will carry over to my housekeeping LOL)

:haha:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I am getting ready. I have done a lot this summer, such as the master bedroom and bathroom, so those will be easier weeks for me. I still need to do some things in the boys' rooms, and in the laundry room...major redo there, too. I'll start it soon, and work on it when I can. i want it done by the Halloween party on October 25.

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
As SpongeBob would say: I'm Ready!

I have had the last two months to do a good deep cleaning on my apartment. I am starting back to work tomorrow and so I spent the last week setting up a housekeeping schedule so I can start the HHP on level ground instead of playing catch up through the whole holiday season.

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Me too!

I have read the Houseworks Book again and replaced some of my old cleaning supplies. Furthermore I adapted the HHP for my
own, special needs. So I'm already in the "Planning Week" :grin:
As we have summer weather again here, I will start by the end of August/beginning of September with real cleaning. When there
is such a beautiful and hot weather I want to be outside and doing some outdoor activities.

Chilli

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Yep, I'm ready to start. I love the HGP, but the HHP fits into my life style a little bit easier, so I will be following that plan mostly. It's been a while since I posted, but I have been on the boards reading and gleaning. Love this place. ~Farmerswife

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
I'm with Chilli, we are experiencing glorious weather here in the U.K so i'm getting some outdoor jobs done.

I have been working on my moring and evening routines and this has really helped me to move on to those larger deep cleaning jobs without feeling overwhelmed.

Pamelajane.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Tasha - your post is like a breath of fresh air! Hurray! Things are starting. I am sweeping along on the momentum (while not actually DOING anything myself! But THAT is the power of the group!) Hurray. hurray.

Well - I have bought a lovely big stack of white terrycloth rags/towels from Wal-Mart. They areVERY inspiring for cleaning! Also, a nice new bucket. And some PineSol and some of that great wood cleaning stuff - oh, Murphys' oil Soap! hi Ho.. Hi Ho... Carry on everyone!

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
I love the caddy, too, Tasha. I keep it under the kitchen sink where there once was a jumbled mess. I used to juggle a bunch of bottles, but now it's a breeze -- so easy and fast!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I too have my book at the ready. My copy in the UK is called 'Cut the Clutter' but is identical to Houseworks, I thought CEO had written another book and ordered it from Amazon only to find it was the same as the one I already had.

I have to say I do refer to it quite regularly and love how the HHP refers to the relevant pages.

snowball

Retire Member
Aug 3, 2008
Michigan
I'm taking my book out today and reread the supplies part and stock up. I still need to buy microfiber cloths and a nice caddy. Any ideas on where to buy one? I saw the ones at Walmart and they weren't what I want. Too small.

I'm not doing any deep down cleaning until the kids are in school after Labor Day. I have to get my back to school routine in place first.

Getting ready for the HHP.

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
DS13 went to camp (yesterday) for the week, so his bedroom will be the subject of most of my efforts this week. I had him choose a paint color so if I get the chance, I may even paint it. He is beginning junior high soon, so I need to haul out the old toybox in his closet and old clothes in his dresser without his supervision. The boy won't part with a thing! It's just a matter of clearing out a lot of clutter and organizing.