Anyone else gearing up already?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Unexpected houseguests coming tomorrow! I expect a burst of energy to hit just as soon as I get off the boards. Let the cleaning and organizing begin!!! :pink:

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
I spent today moving the furniture in DS's room and washing walls. I found a bigger mess than I expected so I won't be painting his room, but at least I can wash the walls. He had one of those large tins from Christmas (the kind that comes full of popcorn) and I washed it out and spray painted it gloss black. I have been finding LEGOS everywhere but now they are consolidated in one container.
His closet toy chest was full of broken toys so I cleaned thru that and the trashman will be calling me names when he tries picking up those heavy bags.
I wish he could go off to camp every couple months then I could keep his room organized but that's not gonna happen. With his ADHD it's a challenge to get him to do it himself so we just manage the best we can.

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
snowball said:
I'm taking my book out today and reread the supplies part and stock up. I still need to buy microfiber cloths and a nice caddy. Any ideas on where to buy one? I saw the ones at Walmart and they weren't what I want. Too small.

I'm not doing any deep down cleaning until the kids are in school after Labor Day. I have to get my back to school routine in place first.

Getting ready for the HHP.
Go to Target. I found a nice sized caddy that fits inside a matching bucket. If I'm not using the bucket for a cleaning solution I can haul things under the caddy and use the bucket handle. It has worked really well! It's from Real Simple I do believe.

snowball

Retire Member
Aug 3, 2008
Michigan
Tasha said:
snowball said:
Go to Target. I found a nice sized caddy that fits inside a matching bucket. If I'm not using the bucket for a cleaning solution I can haul things under the caddy and use the bucket handle. It has worked really well! It's from Real Simple I do believe.

Thank you!
I'll have to look this evening when DH comes home. My DD6 has a rash and I don't want to take her anywhere until I can get her into the Dr.'s. Sounds just what I'm looking for! I also get the Real Simple Magazine and I've heard of their products at Target, but haven't been in that section to take a look.

LovingChristmas

Retire Member
Nov 5, 2007
South New Jersey
Tasha said:
snowball said:
I'm taking my book out today and reread the supplies part and stock up. I still need to buy microfiber cloths and a nice caddy. Any ideas on where to buy one? I saw the ones at Walmart and they weren't what I want. Too small.

I'm not doing any deep down cleaning until the kids are in school after Labor Day. I have to get my back to school routine in place first.

Thank you for this little bit of information. I plan to go there this weekend to use a gift card I received for my birthday. I've been in dier need of a cleaning caddy and new bucket. Gonna hunt this one down. :grin: