Anyone here also love Disney?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
I love love love Disney. On a different Disney forum my name is DisneyNoel. I try and get to the parks every year if I can.

I use to have lots of Disney Decor in my kitchen and bathroom but not so much anymore. I had the chef mickey cannisters and wall decor. In my bathroom had towels and shower curtain and soap dish, and tooth brush holder. Every time I go to disney World I think about going back to my Disney ways!

My daughters room is all Disney princess's. We are going in january and this will be her first Bibboty boppity boutique visit. I can't wait!

Disney and Christmas are my two favorite hobby's!

Kelly :skate:

santashelper

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NS,CAN.
So why did you take your decor down?

Is the other board the DIS?

DD10 says she would like Disney everywhere and I know Dh would, although he doesn't really say much. If it was up to him, he would just have white walls and no decor at all LOL!

I want our house to feel like a home and reflect who we are. And that does mean Disney to some degree. I am just torn!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
When I was in Disney world I was surprised to see how much Disney Decor was available. You can even make the hands of your dresser little Mickey Mouse heads.

I have a Cinderella Caste music...thing... that plays "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Oh! The Disney store had a 90% (or something) sale after Christmas one year and I bought the gigantic Mickey and Minnie dressed as Santa and Mrs. Clause that are normally something like $150 each. I got them both for $30!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I also had a ton of stuff that I took down. When I got married, it was just one of those things that was easy to take down and make room for my hubby's stuff. However, I do have stuff out still, randomly, just not shelves and shelves. I have cookie jars in the kitchen, along with my paper towel holder. I have plates spread out across the top of my desk hutch. My downstairs bathroom is decorated w/ Mickey.

I do put up a Disney tree every year for Christmas. It's something I've collected for years and it's become so huge, that sometimes I don't always look forward to putting it up. But my daughter's getting older now and able to help, so we tackle it together.

I do keep my good disney lenox figurines out in my living room on a designated shelf.

But for as much as I have out, I have a ton boxed and put away. I had plans to make my entire basement decorated in the disney movie theme, but never finished. I wanted to put movie titles up and around the ceiling border, but years ago couldn't figure out how I'd get the lettering painted like I wanted it. Now I have the capability with my cricut, but not sure that's what I want anymore.

I've got that whole flybaby decluttering thing going on, so I'm staring to realize that I don't have to keep everything I've ever been given, just the things I love. And some things I do love more then others for sure.

santashelper

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NS,CAN.
I found a site that has a house decorated with Disney and it is close to what I want.

I think I need to go with the phylosophy that I had to decorate in the first place, but with Disney. Just put out my FAVORITE things.

I have to get over "looks". Decorating has become almost like dieting. I am totally influenced by all the decorating advice out there. But the reality is a house is not a "home" if it looks like it could be in a magazine.

Dh is going to bring it all back from storage on the weekend. I wil then sort through it and put out my favorite stuff.