Anyone working on their Notebook/Planner?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I printed up the sheets from Holiday Grand plan. I am adding them to my notebook & plan to add a little extra decorative stuff here & there.
I am also fading fast & feeling as though I need a nap.
DGS2 is at his mother's so I do have time to disinfect stuff before his return. We certainly don't need him getting sick because he has breathing/asthma issues as it is.
I did watch planner process videos & saw a woman who was doing the Holiday Grand Plan. Maybe that's what I need to do a search for. :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Not yet... I'm hoping to get to it next week. I have an old Franklin Planner 5.5 by 8.5 binder that zips shut that I've been using. It's been broken for a few years. I'm thinking of replacing it. I'm not sure if I'll go with the same size binder from an office supply store, a larger binder or back to the zippered binder. There is a huge price difference between zippered and non-zippered.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have updated my household binder. It contains the HGP, emergency evacuation plan, master lists for emergency kit supplies and what foods we need to pack in case of evacuation. It contains some personal papers like habit tracker and goals.
The only thing I need to add are photos that I will take of the rooms of the house so I can show items in case the insurance company ever needs an inventory.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I've pulled my notebook/planner (regular 3-ring binder in green, with a place in front where I can put in a cover sheet for they year -- if I get motivated). I've updated the calendar pages, weeded out old lists that contain standard stuff, and transferred important details to a new list for that week (i.e. furnace filter size, so I don't have to go digging). In previous years, I made extra copies of the weekly list pages, so I only needed to print out one or two of those. I've got my Week 1 HGP to-do list already started, so I'll be ready to dig in next week. Let the fun begin!

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I have a very basic ringbinder with sections dedicated to recipes/gifts/hgp etc. I do a bit of work on it every week in terms of updating or adapting it.
It's not pretty, but it is functional!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It's not pretty, but it is functional!
That is all we need. I see all these pretty planners and have planner envy but in the end it needs to work for me.

Reactions: rabble

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Mine is a three ring binder, too. I want to be all creative and fancy, but God didn't choose to give me that talent and ability. Plus, I don't have the time to do all that.

I used to think when my children were grown I would have more time. Nothing could be further from the truth! lol When they were home, we could take care of all matters under one roof. Now, they live in three different towns (DS lives in the same town as us), but close enough they still call on Mama and Daddy when they need some extra help with projects, etc. Throw into that two grandsons who are active in sports whose games we attend and seldom miss one...

As Katrina and Rabble said...its not pretty, but it's functional. I do have a nice fabric covered journal that a lot of my thoughts and notes go into concerning Christmas that I want to keep permanently year to year. My printed stuff goes in the binder.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My planner for 2022 arrived yesterday. I am so excited to organise it all and start making notes for 2022. I do love the fresh, white empty sheets but cannot wait to see it full of notes and ideas and plans and lists and.....

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I have new Erin Condren planners for Sophia and me. They will go under the tree and no doubt we'll spend part of Christmas Day transferring things over from 2021 to 2022.

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I have used Day-Runner / Day-Timer week-at-a-glance planners (2 pages per week, loose leaf) for nearly my entire working career in both 5x8 and 4x6 (my current) size. I logged on and was ready to place my order over the weekend and then paused. Need to give it some thought as to whether or not this type/size of planner still meets my needs. Open to suggestions. Although I'll purchase my 2022 planer in the next week or so, I always, always wait to work on it until the week between Christmas and New Years, so I can reflect on the holiday and the previous 12 months, and make plans and set meaningful goals for the New Year.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
HI Lori,
Maybe check in to Silk and Sonder.
Jessica and I use it. It's a monthly planner and each moth has a "theme" that you explore.
For ex: November is: Compassion.
It also has sections for habit tracking, sleep tracking, mood tracking and then
weekly and daily planning, monthly calendar, future calendars.

I also use the Full Focus Planner and it's system. That one is a quarterly planner, that incorporates yearly goals.
For questions on this- feel free to message me. I really feel using this system has taken my work world to a whole different level.

If you are looking to more explore your soulful side while still keeping track of your goals, I would recommend S&S.
You can order 1 and see if your like it.

Annie

Last edited:
Reactions: Lori K and luludou

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Yes -- I''ve been trying to figure out a new system for myself. Updated my emergency planner section for the household binder (still needs work) and after much much searching I've decided to go with an undated vertical calendar for a while and put all my to-dos into a bullet journal. Liking it so far. Need to order for next year though and I'm worried about inventory. Not done experimenting though. I do like the Erin Condren vertical format. But I hate having two notebooks. That part isn't working for me. And my REAL brain is in my phone calendar! :)

Last edited:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Last year, I used a planner from www.personalplanner.com. I liked it and ordered from them again this year. It customizable, which I liked. Check out their website if you like. It's a company based in Australia (makes me think of our Katrina when I use it :)). If anyone looks at it and want to order, there's a code in the back of my planner for 10% off for a friend. I don't get any extra off for referrals, so not trying to push a product here. PM me if you want to order and I'll send it to you.

And...I have been having fun with my planner for next year and this year. I bought a "book" of Agenda52 stickers from Hobby Lobby and a 16 count package Paper Mate felt tip markers. What fun! My new planner has lined pages and pages for nothing but lists!

UPDATE: Okay...so I just checked the link to see if it works. Today only 11/11/2021, they're offering 11% off your order, so today's the day if you look and like it. I don't know if you can stack coupons, but if you can with today's discount and the 10% I have, that will be 21% off!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I spent a few hours yesterday setting up my 2022 planner. It always takes me a little while to get it just so.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I received my 2022 planner a couple weeks ago.
I use The Happy Planner. I didn't buy any stickers/embellishments. I already have lots. LOL
I was thinking I could also use up some of my older scrapping supplies as well. :)
2022. Whoda thunk?

• Love
Reactions: jampss and luludou

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Using up the old stickers is a nice idea. I am trying that too. I will check out what scrapbook supplies I have too.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have a lot of stickers too. I have many more Christmas ones than any others.;)
Will try and use them up and be aware not to buy more,

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Does anyone make their own stickers?

I, too, always seem to have more stickers than can be used in a year and always irrelevant ones. :confused:

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Finally ordered my 2022 planner refill. I decided to stick with the one I've used for years, simply because it's familiar and will still meet my needs. It's Day-Timer Coastlines, 2-page per week. As I have more time now, my plan is to do more monthly and weekly goals, and logging accomplishments, as well as using it for appointments, birthdays, etc. It's supposed to be here next week.