April 16th - April 22nd 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The temperatures rose to the 80's this past week. The apple tree, the dogwood tree and the magnolia tree are in full bloom today. The forsythia bushes have just about dropped all the yellow petals. The lavendar and the rosemary do not look like they made it through the winter this year despite the warmer than normal temperatures. I'll wait another month to see if something starts growing before pulling them out of the garden.

Daily:
  • Exercise
  • Prayer
  • Calendar Review of Appointments/Meetings
  • Reading ( 5 minutes)
  • Journal
  • Writing (5 minutes)
Weekly:
  • Dust/Vacuum/Mop
  • Bills
  • Laundry
  • Menu Planning
  • Groceries
  • End of Week Reflection
  • Set Research/Writing Goals
  • Answer Autobiographical Questions
  • Weed Garden
Monthly:
  • Bedroom
    • Dust.
    • Vacuum.
    • Clean windows.
    • Declutter room.
    • Shred papers.
Extra:
  • Christmas Prep [making up time from January through April] - Update addresses
  • Review last year's notes for food/drink consumption. Adjust the amount of food/drink with a new list.
  • Going room by room, make a list of items to “spruce” up. Any painting, touch ups, decluttering needed? Any replacements or repairs? What about outside? Does moss/mildew need to be removed from the siding, patio, and/or walkway? What about the mailbox? Do outdoor light bulbs need replacing? Decide what will get done and when.
  • Mend clothes.
  • Put together vacation recipes.
  • Make a hiking trail list.
  • Clean out the fireplace.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Daily:
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise, brush teeth, lip balm, hand cream
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time

Weekly:
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X
*vacuum floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)(X)
*meal planning ( )
*general tidy up (X)
*clean fridge/freezers ( )
*tidy pantry/stockpile ( )
*make work lunches ( )
*shopping list (fortnightly) (X) grocery shopping (fortnightly) (X)

Quarterly/Seasonal Goals:
March, April and May-Autumn

*Baking day, try a new recipe and an old favourite. (X)
*Organise DH 60th, Easter and Mum's 80th (X) (X) ( )
*Tidy photo trunk ( ) a Winter project
*Start and complete Winter HGP ( ) started
*Prepare for Nationals in April (X) Done....next year Tasmania!
*Target savings in bank ( ) Set a new goal to hit buy the end of May.
*Review word of the year ( )
*Visit DH's Uncle ( )
*Day trip to Cooma (X)
*Day trip to Yass ( )
*3 day trip to Shepparton ( ) scheduled for May
*At least one no spend day/week per month (X)( )( )
*Start thinking ahead for Winter, meals ( )plans ( )celebrations ( )goals ( )

Extras:
Fun/Christmas prep:

*tidy gift closet (X)
*update planner (X)
*work on CIJ posts ( )
*work on wrapping party posts ( )
*do something that is just for me ( ) Working on memory book for kids
*start/continue/finish one craft project ( ) working on bookmarks for Christmas
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine ( ) Goal for the year is to read 10. I have read 7
*continue looking for stocking fillers, gifts and supplies ( ) My challenge for 2023 is to do great stockings, useful and interesting items.

This week:

*Connect with family via phone, email or text (X)
*Home from Nationals (X)
*Work Tuesday (X)
*Groceries Thursday (X)

5 small chores:
*Ring car dealership about service (X)
*Unpack from Nationals (X)
*Air refresh blanket for bed (X)

Word of the Year 2023: Progress

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My personal goal for this week's is get more veggie and flower seeds started, my potato's seem happy, I put green pepper seeds and radish seed in seed starter.
We are putting our garden to bed here so it is lovely to read about peoples gardens. I hope you have a great growing season.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My personal goal for this week's is get more veggie and flower seeds started, my potato's seem happy, I put green pepper seeds and radish seed in seed starter.
Laurie
I am just beginning to think about what to herbs to grow this season and if I'll attempt any vegetables. Wildlife tends to eat our plantings despite precautions. They don't seem as interested in the herbs.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
Katrina and Mary, you are both so blessed to have a bed and wildlife ! My little garden is in containers, some nice clay pots and then some are in repurposed containers, I have radishes in the clam shell from the grapes I bought at Aldi. Potatoes are in card board boxes, which some you tube videos, Daisy Creek Farms.....said they grow the best. I planted marigolds but i think they are only good to deter flying pests. I bought a small wire basket at Dollar Tree to keep put over something to keep the mice out or a large wire trash can would be better. Today I plan to plant lavender seeds and carrots...........

My main goal was to teach my grandaughter about gardening, and maybe get her to like vegetables.......but it is possible generations to come may be growing more of their own food, i do think self sufficiency is a healthy mindset to have.

Laurie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
i do think self sufficiency is a healthy mindset to have.
Laurie,it sounds like you are doing well with your containers. I hope that the lavender and carrots take off.
DH and I have 2 acres of land which we will retire to. The aim is not to be self sufficient as there are practices of that lifesyle that don't sit well with us, we do however want to be as self reliant as possible.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I bought a small wire basket at Dollar Tree to keep put over something to keep the mice out or a large wire trash can would be better
That's a great idea. If squirrels are an issue, you may want to put rocks on top of the trash can. We have used a wild life cam to figure out why are fruits and vegetables were disappearing. Let's just say that wildlife is smarter than we thought. LOL!