April 19th-25th 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I feel like I have turned a corner and getting back into the swing of things. I am amazed at how quickly I can get off track when my routine changes. Time to get on track, no more excuses.
Daily:
Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Cleanse,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Read and
Sleep at a reasonable time.
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.

Weekly:
*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*wash hair (X) (X)
*shave legs ( )
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*mop floors (X)
*clean bathrooms (X)
*meal plan ( )
*clean fridge ( )
*tidy pantry ( )
*tidy freezer ( )
*shopping list (fortnightly) (X) grocery shopping (fortnightly) (X)

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X)
*start/continue/finish one book ( )
*books back to library ( ) libraries are closed for now.
*update planner (X)
*tidy gift closet (X)
*DrillDance training plan ( )
*DrillDance training (X) All online for now
*walk at least 3 times ( ) ( ) ( )

Extras:
*grocery shopping Wednesday or Friday (X)
*alternate Christmas planning ( )
*haircut Thursday (X)
*work extra Thursday afternoon (X)
*plan Winter prep goals (X)
*cans to recycling ( )
*deep clean dining room (X)
*clean silver (X)
*tidy safe (X)
*work on password book (X)
*work on jigsaw puzzle (X) this sucker is testing me lol

Word of the Year:
Appreciate.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Great to see you back here, Katrina! Sometimes we just need a break.:)

There are still a lot of unknowns regarding the calendar and the pandemic. I think that is the hardest thing right now for me. We've got some milestones coming up in the next few months. Some are tentative dates from earlier postponements. I've decided that we are still going to celebrate the milestones on the day originally planned. It will just look different than we planned. I'm concerned that if we don't acknowledge the milestones, then it will get lost in the pandemic shuffle. If possible, we'll host a party or two in the summer to celebrate the milestones with friends and family.

• Clean Bathrooms.Done
  • Pay bills.
  • Weed one flower bed.Done
  • Buy groceries.Done
  • FlyLady: Master Bedroom
    • Dust.
    • Vacuum.
    • Clean Windows.
    • Declutter room.
  • Trimester Goals - 5 days/20 mins sessions:
    • Exercise XXXX
    • Reading XXXXXX
    • Research/Writing XXX
New this week:
  • Gather fabric for mask orders. Done
  • Wrap dd’s birthday gift.Done
  • Make cake and icing.Done
  • Finish Austen book. Done
Projects to work on as time permits:
  • Start herbs indoors. Started pumpkins and cucumbers.
  • Organize kitchen cookbook binder.
  • Wipe down hall woodwork.
  • Prep the hall woodwork with painters tape.
  • Paint the woodwork.

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I really don't even know what else to add to my list so I will most likely just come back and add to.

[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ] Gratitude/pandemic journals
[X] [X] [X] [X] [-] Morning walk
[X] [X] [X] [X] Homeschool
[X] [X] [X] [X] [-] Work on School task

[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] Read every day

[X] [X] [X] [X] [-] [ ] Evening walk

[X] Drop package at UPS
[X] Meal plan
[X] Grocery shop

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'm concerned that if we don't acknowledge the milestones, then it will get lost in the pandemic shuffle. If possible, we'll host a party or two in the summer to celebrate the milestones with friends and family.
Mary, I was talking about this over the weekend. There are a few things that we traditionally celebrate throughout the year. A big one for us is a motor race that is held in October. My DB normally comes over for the day and the boys watch the race. I bought a DVD over the weekend of a full race from 1981. I will still plan what we traditionally do and if the race is cancelled we will go to plan B.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My DB normally comes over for the day and the boys watch the race. I bought a DVD over the weekend of a full race from 1981. I will still plan what we traditionally do and if the race is cancelled we will go to plan B.

That was a great idea. I think you could have some fun with the DVD if you end up watching it on race day. Maybe dress like they did that year? Find foods that were popular that year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
That was a great idea. I think you could have some fun with the DVD if you end up watching it on race day. Maybe dress like they did that year? Find foods that were popular that year.
What an amazing idea. I was 16 in 1981 and remember it well. I will suggest it to the boys.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We've been under a stay-at-home order for 6 weeks now. This was the week of catching up with people over the phone or through video conferencing. I didn't even get to FLYLady's mission.

I think that, at least in my neck of the woods, it will be a while before any orders are lifted. We've been behind other neighboring counties in terms of cases but we are slowly climbing up. The nursing homes and veterans homes are seeing an increase in cases. I'm rethinking how I though this year was going to be. I'm at the point of accepting that life is not going to be the same for at least another year.

I've been thinking about how to adapt to the new living situation. It hit me that even though I do not feel as if I have a choice in this pandemic, I do have a choice in my thoughts and actions. I'm going to try to really focus on how to move forward and how to make lemonade out of lemons. I wrote up little positive notes for around the house to read.

Since all the outings have to be intentional, I made a master list of foods we typically eat based on what is in the refrigerator, in the freezer and in the cabinets. I'm keeping a running list of groceries that we need and when I get home, I review the list. If it didn't get bought, then I put a box around it. Those items then get placed on the new grocery shopping list. I've tried this the last two times getting groceries and it has been helpful.

I am keeping a running list of things to get at Walmart, Target and Home Depot too. Whenever dh mentioned something that he wanted to get at Home Depot, I wrote it down. Today, dh was heading there for some repair parts and I pulled out the running list. It was great because there were a few items that he forgot he needed.

I planted some tomatoes, peppers and herbs today from older seeds. We'll see how that goes. We're also saving seeds from the vegetables we are eating just in case this experiment doesn't work. Dh checked out Home Depot for plants but he said not much was there in terms of vegetables and herbs. The smaller stores like garden nurseries aren't open and some don't even have a way to order online. I really hope that they do something soon. I'd hate to see the local shops close and then all my plants have to be bought at the box stores like Home Depot.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Mary- I, too, keep a running list going of what we need. If it doesn't get bought at the store then it gets circled and added back onto the list for next time. Works really well!