April 2008 Personal Life Goals

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
This month my goals are going to be a little different. They are going to focus more on changing attitudes and fostering a positive outlook. When I originally started the personal goals I tried to focus more on "process" rather than having an end result or finished product. I have enough "to do" lists as it is...LOL. So this month I am going to try to put a "process" twist on the whole goal list and see how that might or might not change things.

Marriage: Foster a more respectful attitude. Even when I get frustrated and annoyed.

Family: Evaluate climate in our home. Work toward calm, supportive, and nurturing.

Friends: Develop and positive and strengths based tone to emails, discussions, and exchanges (not just venting)

Self: Practice self talk and meditation focused on finding inner peace and calmness.

Home: Comtinue decluttering and develop a calm, simplified home

Work: Foster a positive, dynamic attitude toward problems. Let go of those that can not be changed.

Hobbies: Create a better work space. Buy lamps for extra lighting and continue to declutter. MAKE something...anything!!! Have fun with the process...don't worry about the end result.

Spiritual: Cultivate a "renewal in spirit" attitude. Each day is a fresh start!

As you can see most of these do not have a hold in your hand end product. That is because lately I have not been making much progress toward my goals and when I reflected on them I realized that my life had become just another "to do list" and while there is nothing wrong with that it just was not supporting change. I kept carrying the same things over and over. So changing approaches seemed like a good place to start.

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
Here are my goals for the month of April.
Marriage : I want to work on the areas we are having real problems with since he has gotten ill.

Family : I would like for our family to get together more & be together doing the fun things we used to do. Even a game night would be fun to do together.

Friends : Get together more with my friends even for aa cup of coffee.

Self : Really need to work on my word which is understanding & apply it more in my life.

Home: Get the things done that need to be finished here in the home, like finish decorating the living room & get our bedroom done.

Work: I don't work

Hobbies : Make sure that I spend at least an hour a day on my crafts.

Spiritual : Get back into reading the Bible everyday with D/H, & get back into my Bible studies.

This is all my goals for April.

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
April goals
Marriage : plan our vacation next month together

Family : Like to do sth together.

Friends : have a few friends at home on Friday to figure out a joke for another friends birthday party.

Self : my word is satisfaction ~ nearly done :)

Home: finished things here in the home, like declutter & organizing my cellar

Work: I like to do some further training in English

Hobbies : Scrapbooking; looking forward to the Garden Journal Challenge

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
My goals are to follow the Slight Edge.
Remembering that the "little" choices I make daily are the ones that add up the most!
Health: Eat healthy daily and exercise 4 days a week (1/2 hr minimum)
Family: Take time to do the little things that build our relationships and future
Friends: Continuing to build friendships with people I respect and are focused on standing out and standing up!
Work: To become a 5% person--and not follow the crowd of working forever....

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
My April goals.

Marriage: I want us to spend a quality day together, just the two of us. Maybe out for lunch and a little shopping.

Family:Continue with our nice sit down meals. Going to a Christian rock concert on the 10th with my dd so we will get a little quality time together too!

Friends: Have a day planned on the 12th with my best friend. We haven't gotten together for a while so I am really looking forward to it.

Self: Now that the weather is getting nice I need to start walking again. Need to lose a few of those winter pounds.

Home: This month I'm concentrating on the porch. Scrubbing it down good and getting it ready for summer.

Hobbies: There are a couple of craft items I want to finish this month. I also want to get some reading in. I just haven't been reading like I used to and I miss it.

Spiritual: I'm starting a new bible study at church this month. I'm also chairing a commitee at church that is hosting a brunch for the graduating seniors so that will keep me busy this month and part of next.

I'm looking forward to a great month of accomplishing some goals and connecting with loved ones!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
crazymo said:
Family:. Going to a Christian rock concert on the 10th with my dd so we will get a little quality time together too!

Oooooh, sweet! Who are you going to see? I'm jealous!!!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
MARRIAGE: Dh and I need more "bonding" time. Time just spent enjoying one another's company. If we start with devoting one day a month just to each other, even if it's just watching a video at home without any of the kids around....I think we'll be doing good. Right now he's spending a LOT of time in the garage working on various cars. He's painting a jeep for a coworker and fixing damage from a wreck it was in. It could be worse, because he could be like my first husband spending all that time in bars and with other women! LOL

FAMILY: I've gotten some great ideas here for making the tablescape for my FAMILY DINNER DAY nice. Sometimes finding various activities could be helpful too. Sometimes we just hang out, sometimes we play board games. One month we went to the park and played kickball and that was a blast!

FRIENDS: We do need more time to spend with one another. My best friend and I haven't had a chance to get together in a while. Her husband has Alzheimer's and she's been pretty stressed. She really could use some time away, but then needs someone to stay with him. I volunteered to stay so she can attend a support group.

VOLUNTEER/FUND RAISING: We've done pretty good so far with our fund raising for the Relay For Life. Continue on with this.
SELF: This is where I often have trouble. I have fallen off the wagon with my Weight Watchers and it's been about two months since I've attended a meeting. I need to get back to my WW message board on AOL for support and get back to my meetings. I also need to get out and walk or even on my treadmill until the weather breaks.

HOME: Work on a room a month and not find excuses "I had a hard day at work" not to do things that need to be done!!!

WORK: Not let persons with crabby attitudes get to me!!!!

HOBBIES: I haven't scrapped in a few weeks, so it's time to start again!!!

SPIRITUAL: Attend church on a regular basis and attend a bible study. Continue with my Nar-Anon meetings and maybe go back to some Al-Anon. "God, grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me." Some days are tougher than others, but I'm getting through one day at a time.
My meetings do keep me sane. I have trouble learning to detach, and also admitting powerlessness....but I'm a work in progress. (It's hard to admit being powerless over something that has a hold of your child. He's not a little kid anymore, but I still feel that I have to be the one to "save" him. Even from himself.)

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Gingerbug, I like the idea of having goals be more attitude oriented. I might have to think about that for next month...I know my attitudes could definitely use some improvement sometimes!

MARRIAGE: **date afternoon - didn't get it in last month, too busy with company but things should slow down this month and we have a few Saturday afternoons free!

FAMILY: **still need to set up appointment to update will - why do I keep putting this off??
**organize party for DD's bday & of course, celebrate!

FRIENDS: not sure on this yet, our usual game night won't happen this month for various reasons

SELF: I've really bombed on my goal of working out - it seems something always comes up no matter what time of day I schedule it. I've dug out my pedometer do I'm going to strive for **10,000 steps a day** again. I did this several years ago and it was great, lost a few pounds and had lots of energy without changing anything else.

HOME: **finish up JumpStart January. I've been hanging on pretty well...want to finish strong!
**begin setting up a cleaning plan for the summer

VOLUNTEERING: **2 AHG meetings to plan
**Camporee plans to finish up

HOBBIES: **design AHG swap pins

SPIRITUAL: **pray as a family each evening before youngest's bedtime - did this religiously for years and then the kids got a litlle older and a lot busier

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
April goals
I didn't do to badly for March-let's see what April brings!

Marriage : Special anniversary time

Family : Individual date time with boys/Neice's apartment warming

Friends : cooking night

Self : walking!!!!

Home: SPring Cleaning!!!

Hobbies : SCRAPBOOK! :flower:

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
Lolwlias said:
crazymo said:
Family:. Going to a Christian rock concert on the 10th with my dd so we will get a little quality time together too!

Oooooh, sweet! Who are you going to see? I'm jealous!!!
The Newsboys!!! I can hardly wait!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
[quote="crazymoThe Newsboys!!! I can hardly wait![/quote]

Gotta love the song BREAKFAST! LOL