April 2012 - Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
YAY! Congratulations on the house, Nancy! Well done to your DH too!

Quin10, great work on the bedroom! :)

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
YAY! Congratulations on the house, Nancy! Well done to your DH too!

Thanks so much! We are actually going through more "stuff" today...lots being tossed or shredded! Woohoo!!

And in addition to the bag of clothes for donation, we are also including a comforter...

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
April 12, Thursday. The last ten days have ben really, really busy. AND.... all I have been able to do.... is "routines". Making sure that the dishes are done; the laundry is done; and there are meals ready to be eaten. THIS.... has actually made me "eager" to get back to decluttering. BECAUSE..... when you ARE really, really busy..... the less clutter you have to wade through.... the easier life is!

Of course... after ten days of being really, really busy.... I'm kind of too tired to do much decluttering...... but I AM hoping for a "second wind" this afternoon.

Christmaslvr..... the date for your move to Florida.... is getting closer!! This will be such a happy move for you.... back to the east coast.... where your relatives and old friends... live!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Christmaslvr..... the date for your move to Florida.... is getting closer!! This will be such a happy move for you.... back to the east coast.... where your relatives and old friends... live!

You are the sweetest!! Yes, very close...the movers are coming on the 23rd and we will leave CA on the 24th. We have another great cross country trip planned:

Williams, AZ
Amarillo, TX
Dallas, TX (never been before)
New Orleans
And one yet to be determined stop before reaching Cocoa Beach!

I just found out this morning that another good friend of mine is planning a move to FL!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Haven't been over to this thread really this month so as we know that means no decluttering for me. On Easter I did have stuff for my sister Miranda, mom and Jaymee to take stuff. And got rid of some photos that I had doubles of.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Monday, April 16th!!!! ALREADY!!!!! ACK!!!!!!

MUCH of the USA is having "summer hot temperatures" today. Our air conditioner will be turned ON today!!!!!!! AND.... IF it is too hot to work outside..... there is PLENTY of cleaning, organizing and decluttering to do..... INSIDE!!!!!!!

The ONLY positive step that I have taken for a while..... is to NOT go to the bi-weekly half-pricve sale at the Thrift Shop!!!! So..... nothing brought IN from that! (OKAY.... I WAS looking at the plants for sale....... but bringing things "outside".... is different..... yes?)

How are YOU doing??????

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Hello friends. It's been a while since I've last read this post. I'm so happy to see you ladies are getting your decluttering done. Christmaslvr a big Congrats on your upcoming move.

Yesterday I brought a small trash bag of paper into the office to put in the shredding bin. The maintenance crew is holding a contest with other state buildings to see who can collect the most recycled items. So I am completely paper freeeeeeeee....... :)

Not doing much decluttering now. I have pretty much gotten rid of all I needed and wanted to get rid of. Now I am just decorating (My favorite hobby).

I'm waiting for the rental office to let me know when they will come and redo my bathroom. The tiles are very old. Those small black and white tiles. The are coming up like crazy. Every time I sweep the tiles break loose.

I wanted to show you how my new closet in the guest room looks after being decluttered and redone:

BEFORE:
WP_000649.jpg

AFTER:
WP_000701.jpg

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Wow, aggy!

Looks Great! I like the middle shelves.

You have a lot of hand bags!!!!!! I like how they are organized so you can see them and grab the one you want!

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It REALLY does look nice! In fact.... it looks like a professional organizer worked on it! Just beautiful!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Thank you all. The shelf that's in the middle is a repurposed shelf I had in the closet in the master bedroom. I needed somewhere to house my cosmetics since I threw out the cabinet that was in the bathroom. Then I thought, why not just put my jewelry in there as well. The necklaces hanging on the hooks is an idea I saw in Ikea's catalog except they used a pretty curtain rod. I'm going back to Ikea to get a couple of spotlights to put in there so that I can really see. lol

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thursday. April 19th! Thursday is the day that we put out trash and recycling.... so Thursdays give me another incentive..... for me to declutter!

TODAY... I am trying for "positive thinking". Instead of thinking "how much... there is... TO do".... I will try to concentrate on...... "how much I DO accomplish".

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
April 30th

last day for the April declutter club - I decluttered my purse (was looking for my costco card ;) - found the card! recycling is out the door too.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Life Coach and DD took a bag to the thrift store today. DD came home with a bag so guess we are even. lol