April 2014 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Thought I'd go ahead and start the April thread. :) My master closet is once again becoming buried. It is time to carve a path to the attic and pack away all the ski gear and suitcases that are jamming things up. As the weather changes, the kids are starting to discard their clothes that no longer fit. Hoping to make a run to the charity drop today. The weather is beautiful here and it makes me want to toss toss toss! (Quick! Before it rains!)

What items are leaving your house this month?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
April is the time to change winter / summer clothing in the closets so I will do that and purge at the same time.
Need to finish the spring-cleaning on the main floor. Finally convinced dh to paint the guest-craft-office room. He refuses to paint the bathroom... saying he will do major work there but not this year. ah well, 1 room is better than nothing ;)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
April is the time of year here where we are doing the exact opposite of what you are doing.
We are bringing out the winter clothes, bringing out the blankets and throws. Have not yet put the flannelette sheets on the bed, but soon. Packing away and bringing out the seasonal items is very comforting. Am burning apple/cinnamon or pumpkin scented candles through the house.

As I am packing away things I am throwing out anything that is stained or is looking a little worn. Any clothes that I have not worn over the summer are out the door. Old yard toys and bbq equipment is also going, but I must remember to write in my notebook anything that needs to be replaced.
I am not at the full on decluttering stage, but doing little bits.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I went through my clothes and clothes for DS this weekend and equivalent of one large black trash bag full of outgrown or no longer desired items.

It is all sitting in the back of my car waiting to be taken to one of the storage units - we are planning on having a garage sale this summer - going in with one MIL has at her house - and I'm hopeful I'll be able to sell a good portion of the things for DS.

I'm tempted to pull out some of the nicer items and see if they would go on eBay. There is a super cute pair of Thomas the Tank Engine denim overalls with tons of embroidery and applique details that were barely worn. But we are going into summer now - so maybe I should wait to try and post them for a bit? I've heard moms usually shop a season ahead for clothes online - will have to research a bit more...

Next goal is to go through clothes for DH.

We had a warm spell this past week but temps dropped like a rock this morning (20 degrees in a couple hours!) and apparently it is staying this way for a while.

So I plan to get summer clothes prepped and ready - identify what we may need to replace - but I won't be packing away winter items JUST yet.

And purging clutter along the way of course!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got rid of one coat, a few pairs of mittens and a hat, and 2 sweaters. They are all in a bag to give when we go to mom's.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Washing my closet today... got rid of 3 pairs of shoes, server knick-knacks I had in a box... and not finished. I have to purge the clothes too.