April 2015 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
April Rudolph Day is this Saturday, what are your plans? Check back after the 25th to see if what was planned actually took place!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I can't believe it will be the fourth Rudy Dady of the year!
I plan on going through my Gooseberry books.....always my plan, rarely happens.
My parents bought the kids a Christmas cookie decorating kit on clearance after Christmas. I think I'll let the kids decorate the cookies.
I'm also hoping to wrap up some Christmas presents :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I will focus on a Christmas movie, my felt popsicles (see the one I made on my blog)... I have at least a dozen to make.. I need to see EXACTLY how many I have to make, and then a hot chocolate would be great. for me it'll be Monday the 27th and I'm hoping for a RAINY & WINDY day ...

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
That is a work day for me, so I will probably enjoy Rudolph day on my day off next week...need to clean up craft room where most of my Christmas stuff is, and see what I have already stashed away...would also like to knit the DGDs something this year, might explore that...and of course watch the movie!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm looking VERY forward to Rudolph Day tomorrow!

I'm going to go pick up the movie tonight to watch and want to do something festive meal wise.

Am ready to feel some Christmas Spirit!

Annie

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I cannot believe it's the 25th of April already! Happy it's Saturday, DH won't be home til around 8pm so I have the day to myself :) Will watch a few movies and look through some Gooseberry Patch books and some magazines. Maybe work on some cards!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Dh will be working until 2:30 so I thought I could have my RD today... BUT ds took the dvr to his girlfriend's!!! ah geez. ah well, Monday it'll be I guess.

HAPPY RUDY DAY EVERYONE

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Happy Rudy Day!!

I am planning on watching this month's movie this evening before the hockey game.

I am really behind in making cards, so I will try and do some tomorrow, making it a Rudy Day Weekend!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I have been working on my felt crafts and listening to Christmas music :)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I hope you all had a great April Rudolph Day! I was very Christmas-productive today - not sure where the burst of energy came from but I was very thankful for it. I started out by updating my ornament inventory which meant going through a few tubs to log everything in and then labeling the tubs once they were sorted. That led me to updating the Décor pages of my planner and I had hoped to get my whole planner organized because I have sadly neglected it. However, the 2015 pages will not be available until sometime this summer so I had to be content with printing the non-date-sensitive pages and adding them to my planner. It looks so good and really got me thinking about the budget, holiday entertaining, and gift ideas. I put my planner together while I was watching The Santa Clause so that really put me in a festive mood.

Speaking of the budget, I found this great resource to help plan for Christmas spending:

http://momslifeboat.com/christmas-savings-plan/

Is anyone as excited as I am that the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Dream Book comes out on Monday? I'm really thinking about joining the Collector's Club because they've had the book for a week! Definitely an incentive to become a member.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
It was a work day for me but I was thinking of what y'all were up to! I will celebrate Rudy day on Friday, my day off, today we are celebrating my DGD 6th birthday so won't have time...looking forward to the movie and some Christmas re-organization...

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Spent yesterday baking cookies at the kids requests and reading. I found someone selling about 15 christmas themed books at a yard sale of course I had to buy them. I started reading them.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Spent yesterday baking cookies at the kids requests and reading. I found someone selling about 15 christmas themed books at a yard sale of course I had to buy them. I started reading them.

I love Christmas-themed books! Would you please share the titles and authors? One of the Christmas Planner Divider Pages is Media - Movies, Music and Books so that reminds me to catalog my collection - it would be so nice to have everything listed in one place.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I love Christmas-themed books! Would you please share the titles and authors? One of the Christmas Planner Divider Pages is Media - Movies, Music and Books so that reminds me to catalog my collection - it would be so nice to have everything listed in one place.

I will list them later tonight but I know one is called The Dog Named Christmas (I believe Hallmark channel shows this movie) and one I just finished reading was the latest version of the Chicken Noodle soup for the soul Christmas edition. I am sucker for those books :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I got to watch the movie today :) :) while working on some crafts & art projects