April 2018 De-Cluttering

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
We were given a couple of old wooden dressers recently. DH repaired, stripped, repainted glossy black and put on new copper tone hardware.

We put one in DS's room this weekend, took old dresser from his room to Goodwill along with a large bag of clothing from all of us!

Reactions: Minta and luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yesterday I got rid of 1 sweater of mine, 1 painting, and another small item (don't remember what).. it was a hard decluttering day. will try it again next weekend.

Reactions: Minta

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AJ, sounds like a great makeover! Good job on moving stuff out too!

Lucie, it all helps that you move out. I know you know that! LOL!

I have a bag of trash from my room and also 2 more t-shirts that I never wore that Jaymee can have for night shirts.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
we cleaned out the storage shed got rid of stuff i didnt need or want anymore

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Well what stated off yesterday as cleaning the front porch off and getting the wicker furniture out of the shed turned into lets clean out the shed too LOL. A 1 hour chore turned in 5 hours. Emptied out 4 totes and 6 boxes - consolidated some stuff, trashed some stuff and set some stuff aside for yardsale and/or donations. Got 2 big black trash bags full waiting to go out with the trash this week and 6 more bags and 2 boxes for yardsale and/or donations. We need to rebuild the ramp leading into the shed in the next few weeks so we can move the riding lawn mower and snow blower from the garage to the shed.

I have plenty of stuff for a yard sale and I am sure I can make a few bucks but I am not sure I want to deal with the hassle of a yard sale. I am still on the fence about this however if we do not have a yard sale by July 1st everything will get donated. That's the dead line I am giving my self to purge all this stuff from our home and our lives.

Reactions: jampss and luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Good work Minta!
Have a small vest added to the donation bag... it's new and looks nice but MIl (who is 90) has one almost the same and I feel it's for older people everytime I take it out to wear - and I end up putting it back in the closet.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I took a pile of donated stuff to the Humane Society thrift shop. Yay!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am so far behind on my decluttering that I could cry. Need to get started again as soon as I finish working extra.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Finally made it thru the kitchen table---papers thrown out, off the desk in my room I have a bag of empty ink cartridges for Teigan to take to school and then will have a bag of pull tabs for her to take in.
Got thru one bag of cans from Ryans friends on Friday night and hope to do other one tom..