April 2020 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Into another new month!

Of course I don't believe any Goodwill or such place is open for donations. At least in my area they aren't.

Seems several people are really deep cleaning while being off. I am still working (bank) so just cleaning as I can.

I have a bag of old sheets and paddings to give to my sister for the dog shelter and then moving several smaller old towels out to the guys shop.

Have a few pieces of clothing to donate and hoping to get more into that pile.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am still doing Winter prep here. Room by room is getting deep cleaned and cozied.
Will de clutter but store things in the spare room until we can take them to a charity bin when they reopen.

Reactions: Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I agree Lana not many places wlll accept things. I will try to declutter in April... will put stuff in a corner and donate when they start accepting once again.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I haven't done any deep declutter recently. All the places are closed until April 30th. I'm working on the smaller things to declutter. We have to be more mindful of how we put the trash out now.

Our trash and recycling system is being revamped because of the coronavirus. The trash and recycling guys are only to touch the trash cans and recycling bins, nothing else. No more bulk trash pick up. Everything must be in a trash can or in the recyling bin. No overflow cardboard or paper can be out of the recylcing bin. All cardboard has to be tied up and placed in the recycling bin.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Day 2 of cleaning the craft/spare room. This is where I will store all the items that have been decluttered. I am sure that the charity bins will be overflowing when they reopen as everyone will be decluttering.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Alot of the facebook rummage sites are really popping with things to sale. Guess lots of people home are taking advantage of the time and deep cleaning and moving stuff out. Almost all of it is porch pick up.

I threw some stuff out that I had been holding on to---for some reason.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Tonight I had Dh go pick up two signs I bought on one of the online garage sale sites. I’ve been happy with the things I've found.

Nothing going on now. Dogs are out for the last time. Twillow is in the dog kennel sleeping in his little bed. I’m in bed with the electric blanket on and its almost too hot to have it on. DD is ready for bed watching TV.

Wishing all of you a great sleep.

Reactions: Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I spent Good Friday organising and culling photos from my photo trunk. DH and I labelled all the photos of our ancestors so that future generations will know who they are. I threw out a lot of photos, photos of trees and the bush and flowers and people I had no idea who they were. Freed up a lot of room in the photo trunk. That was the big job on my to do list for this year so I am glad that it is done.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am so glad you labeled all those old photos and the new ones. We tend to forgot that our photos we take now will one day be antique ones of strangers future generations will be tossing.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I spent Good Friday organising and culling photos from my photo trunk. DH and I labelled all the photos of our ancestors so that future generations will know who they are. I threw out a lot of photos, photos of trees and the bush and flowers and people I had no idea who they were. Freed up a lot of room in the photo trunk. That was the big job on my to do list for this year so I am glad that it is done.

That is a job well done!

Right before all of the coronavirus stopped the world, we bought new area rugs for the living room, dining room and hall. We ordered carpeting for the stairway which has since been cancelled. Dh ripped up the carpet on the stairs. I've been putting out pieces of the old carpet and area rugs in the trash little by little. I should have one more day of doing that now that our yard wast trash cans are available for other uses.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Are all your pictures in albums or in boxes? Mine were all in albums but I'm debating buying more albums for the rest

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Are all your pictures in albums or in boxes? Mine were all in albums but I'm debating buying more albums for the rest
Lucie, I have a combination of boxes and albums. The kids have a photo box each, my wedding (34 years ago) and various holidays are in albums. Still considering whether or not to scan them all to a hard drive but that all seems too hard for now.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Spent the day cleaning wardrobe and drawers. Have not tossed much as I did a huge cull last year and now only have clothes that I like and wear. I have found some jewelry that needs fixing and cleaning so will do that while it is out.
Will finish the rest of the bedroom tomorrow.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The ones that I labeled were sitting, brand new, unopened from 2011. :rolleyes: I still have to put them in the albums that I bought for them back in 2011. That is another project that I was thinking of doing in the summer when it gets to hot outside.

I got the rest of the ripped carpets out to the trash.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got more paper junk out.

Jaymee gave me 2 pillows that came with her couch that she doesn't use, So I took out 2 of my flat ones from my couch pillows (and pitched them) and put new pillows in and zipped them back up. Out of her house and made GREAT use at mine!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Declutter??? hummmmm.... now that mil is in an elderly care facilty... dh has to empty her garage and seems most of the stuff is ours??? now our garage is piling up. He also brought some clothes and toys of the kids that were in her basement? (I had lent them to sil and she brought them back to mil instead of here) so I'll have to go through that.
Had a mirror and a dresser in the basement too... I DO NOT want it back here, so bil just picked them up and he will get rid of them.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
went through 6 boxes of kids clothes. 2 boxes and a big bag will be sent to thrift store as well as a children's chair. I will keep 3 boxes... lots of girl's clothes,, dd had such beautiful things. a few things for xavier but not alot which is ok.