April 2020 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Working on dining room and kitchen over the next few days, hoping to get some stuff gone or at least organised.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
We declutter a small dumpster. Old cabinets that were in the basement, lots of old pieces of wood, shelves, ski poles, a golf club, a very old vacuum that was about 20 pounds, old pieces of gutters. It's nice to get it out of the house. Every cardboard we could find has gone into it. Dh keeps saying find some more. I'm hoping they can lift it because I stacked boards very tidy into the bottom so it's very solidly packed. And I had Dh break down anything he put in there. We called for them to come pick it up early if possible. We have it until Tuesday but I'm pretty much done with decluttering for this week. lol We've been waiting for the weather to warm up to get the dumpster. dumpster.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You cannot hire a skipbin (dumpster) here at the moment. I think most that could be hired are at peoples homes as they declutter. I would love to get a skip and empty some stuff out of the shed.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Impressive decluttering work. I've never seen a dumpster rental before for the home. I didn't know you could do that. Is that through your trash hauler?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
dh brought 4 bikes and the boxes of baby clothes to the thrift shop. it was closed but we had a covid-booklet that said they accepted items... but when he got there they had signs up saying not to leave anything. told dh he should of brought it all back but he left it there. either they'll all send it to the dump or some people will pick up the bikes.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Impressive decluttering work. I've never seen a dumpster rental before for the home. I didn't know you could do that. Is that through your trash hauler?

In our area it is called Gorilla Dumpster Bags. I'm sure there are other company's around the country. We were really happy with their service.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished the dining room but only got rid of 2 Christmas dishes. I have a lot of little Christmas dishes for nuts etc and I will make a note to look at them again later in the year.