April 2022 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My house is not too bad. I am trying to work on Mum's house and try and declutter there. She has been in that house since 1972 so 50 years of things. She is not a hoarder by any means but does find it hard to toss things. She also has in the past (not so much now) collected all sorts of things. When she finds a new "fad or interest" she goes hard. The washi tape fad from a few years back.....she would have 50 or so rolls but not one has ever been used. Would like to help her clear a few things and make life a little easier for her.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My house is not too bad. I am trying to work on Mum's house and try and declutter there. She has been in that house since 1972 so 50 years of things. She is not a hoarder by any means but does find it hard to toss things. She also has in the past (not so much now) collected all sorts of things. When she finds a new "fad or interest" she goes hard. The washi tape fad from a few years back.....she would have 50 or so rolls but not one has ever been used. Would like to help her clear a few things and make life a little easier for her.
Not so easy to help our moms... my mom is not getting rid of anything anymore since her beginning Alzheimer. we have to get her out of the house so we can get things out... a little at a time.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Ryan is taking 2 liter bottles of soda to the farm that was left from Easter. I don't drink any soda (for 8 yrs. give or take it has been.) Allen very little and Ryan only a couple brands. He will take new bottles of Mt. Dew and 2 Sprite. Ryan is drinking on Dr. Pepper and Devon (new BIL) took the 1 1/2 bottles of Pepsi. Ryan also taking a big bag of candy to farm and out of here.

I know not decluttering but gone from here!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not so easy to help our moms... my mom is not getting rid of anything anymore since her beginning Alzheimer. we have to get her out of the house so we can get things out... a little at a time.
Lucie, it is tough. Mum is pretty good so far and I think if I handle her properly she will be receptive to cleaning up. I told her we will not throw out anything that she absolutely loves but if she loves them we can use them or display them rather than been stored in cupboards. I am trying to stress making life easier for her. For example she has her big serving platters on top of a cupboard that she needs a ladder to access. If we declutter that cupboard we can place the trays in there and it will be easier. So far she is on board. Will continue next week.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Have a set of 3 wooden cows that have sat in the kitchen window for years that I washed up and will see if Ryan wants to take them to work and put into the break room. He works on a dairy farm and they just built a new nice milking parlor so I think they would be fitting for there. If he doesn't want to take --- Goodwill they will go.

Threw away some water bottle cups that I am not sure where lids are, some plastic pump things for soap when I was making it but will go with glass in the future, and some other odd stuff went into the trash.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Half a box of paper work sorted and the other half shredded. Next the mail basket will be attacked.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
1 cat, LC1 came by with her daughter to pick up lost cat. It will give her something to not feel lonely as teens tend to be.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I was gifted a bunch of yarn and so I went through it and will donate a pile to the Hospice Attic. They have a nice used craft section.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Junk mail and empty envelopes off the table and into trash. Alittle more on there to sort but then will be down to Allen's pile.

2 car seats that never made it to the barn to sit out by highway for free went to Ryan's friend today.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Threw out some old dog collars, our dogs got new ones for Christmas. Tossed some cleaning products that I just don't use and a few reusable shopping bags, I have quite a few of these.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I haven't decluttered too much lately. I'm going to try doing a little each day this week. I have a bag ready for the donation bin from weeks ago that is still sitting around. I will bring that with me today to drop it off.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Decluttered a huge cupboard at Mum's. She was very good and donated a huge box and 1 full garbage bag of stuff. Mainly plastic containers and Christmas serving ware. She must have had 15 or 16 large serving platters of all shapes and sizes. I think we kept 5. We don't entertain anymore like we used to and I think she still has plenty if the need arises.

The good news is, I did not bring one single thing home here!!!!!