April 2022 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Cleaned out and reorganized my baking pantry cubbard the other day. Unfortunately had to throw out some out dated items. Need to stay on top of using them before the expiration dates. However I do now have a list of items I need to stock up on and room for these items.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Diedra- Glad the cat found a home!!

Question- What do you do with these:
* Cloth Amazon gift bags. My cousin sent some gifts in these but now- what to do with these bags?
I thought about keeping the smaller one to put in luggage- maybe for shoes??
* Also, plastic zipper bags that sheets or a comforter set come in? They are so nice but what to do with them?

Annie

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
* Cloth Amazon gift bags. My cousin sent some gifts in these but now- what to do with these bags?
I thought about keeping the smaller one to put in luggage- maybe for shoes??
* Also, plastic zipper bags that sheets or a comforter set come in? They are so nice but what to do with them?
Hi Annie,
The cloth bags for shoes is a great idea and I use the plastic zipper bags for toiletries when traveling. If anything should pour out it is limited to the bag and what's in it. I sometimes put projects I am working on in them or store extra table linens in them.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@AnnieClaus I use the plastics that sheets come in for my extra sheets and pillows for the guest room. They are on that room's closet shelf. I donate them as sometimes at the thrift store, too, as I do see items in them like a crochet blanket.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Jampss and JoDee-Thank you! Extra linens or sheets is a perfect use for those plastic bags!!

Annie

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Diedra- Glad the cat found a home!!

Annie
Use them for gifts of course. You do not have to keep them for yourself unless you have a use for them. Fill one with memory items for your cousin with items that you remember about when she was young. Like a book, her favorite childhood candy/toy or something to remember doing with her. You could use them when traveling if they are big enough to put a whole days worth of clothes. Then each day just take out that days clothes and use that bag for the dirty clothes. Stuff one for a pillow If they are pretty enough. If you sent someone their gift in a cloth bag what would you expect the person to do with it?

I use those zippered bags to store out of season blankets and pillows. Or I fill with items to donate.

Reactions: jampss and Lana