April 2022 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Movie: Lifetime's Reba Mcentires Christmas in Tune "Years after their personal and professional breakup, the singing duo of Georgia (Reba McEntire) and Joe Winter (John Schneider) agree to reunite after their daughter, Belle (Candice King), asks them to participate in a Christmas Charity concert, only to find themselves getting back in tune on stage and off."
I wouldn't call myself a Reba fan, nor a big country music fan, but I really enjoyed this movie. I'm still working through my 2021 movies, but it's definitely one that stuck out.

Podcast: I don't know if Podcast have been covered, but I thought I'd share a few of my favorites that I follow regularly. Some are on all year, others are seasonal. I listen on IHeartRadio, but they should be any of the major podcast platforms.
- Christmas Podding "Christmas Podding is devoted to all things fun and festive. Covering Christmas food, movies, music, events, lights, traditions, books and decorations. Christmas lives here." They are from Australia and I find them a super funny duo.
- Christmas Clatter Podcast "Monthly discussions about Christmas news, entertainment, gifts, decorations and everything else that makes Christmas special. " He likes to promote alot of independent music artist that release Christmas music
- Can't Wait for Christmas He's just a funny guy that covers all kinds of topics. I've learned alot of Christmas trivia on this show.
-Christmas Countdown This was a new seasonal show this past year that would do a new countdown list of topics each week. I really enjoyed these guys and their podcast was so popular they continued their work after the holidays with another show called Parenting Countdown.

Adult Book: The Christmas Joy Ride by Melody Carlson "Miranda did not put adventure on her Christmas list, but thanks to her eighty-five-year-old neighbor Joy, that's exactly what she's getting this year. When Joy tells Miranda that she plans to drive an old RV decked out in Christmas decorations from their Chicago neighborhood to her new retirement digs in Phoenix--in the dead of winter, no less--the much younger Miranda insists that Joy cannot make such a trip by herself. Besides, a crazy trip with Joy would be more interesting than another Christmas home alone. Unemployed and facing foreclosure, Miranda feels she has nothing to lose by packing a bag and heading off to Route 66. But Joy has a hidden agenda for their Christmas joyride--and a hidden problem that could derail the whole venture. No one captures the heartwarming fun of the Christmas season quite like Melody Carlson. Fasten your seat belt, because it's going to be an exciting ride"
I listened to this book in one afternoon. It was just light hearted, full of giving spirit and fun!

Children's Book: The Christmas Clue by Nat Bickel "Christmas brings out excitement, joy, and love of family. For siblings, Ryan and Natalie, it does even more than that. It stirs up anticipation and friendly competition because when Santa visits their house, he leaves clues. He hides them under couches, in cookie jars, outside in the snow, and even in the bathtub. Santa doesn't simply drop off the presents and leave like usual through the chimney. At Ryan and Natalie's house, he gives them the thrill of a Christmas morning scavenger hunt. It's a mad dash after all the other presents are opened, as they take turns reading clue after clue and rhyme after rhyme in hopes to find their last gift."
This author was featured on 2 of the podcast I listen to. She shared how she took the experience of her father hiding Christmas clues in her childhood and made it into this story. I definitely want to support her this year and buy the book.

Music: Kelly Clarkson's When Christmas Comes Around If you are a Kelly fan and have not listened to her new Christmas music from 2021, you should. She had a TV special, so here are a few of my favorite performances. Christmas Isn't Cancelled (Just You) and Merry Christmas (To the one I use to know) .

Crafts: I love the look of Retro Christmas, so here are a few I really like just looking at.
Retro Felt Angels
Retro Paper Christmas Candles
and
The Vintage House also has alot of retro eye candy!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Great suggestions, Michelle!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Started listening to Christmas podding. Nice but the accent is a bit harder for me.
I don't have an issue with it for some reason. They were actually the first Christmas podcast I listened to and then I went down the rabbit hole. :p

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
- Christmas Podding "Christmas Podding is devoted to all things fun and festive. Covering Christmas food, movies, music, events, lights, traditions, books and decorations. Christmas lives here." They are from Australia and I find them a super funny duo.
I haven't come across this yet but will certainly look for it. I don't think I will have a problem with the accent though it depends which state they are from.;)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Michelle,

You have introduced me to some new Christmas podcasts to listen to: Christmas Podding and Christmas Countdown! I can't wait to give them a listen. Can't Wait for Christmas grew on me when I first heard him back in 2015/2016 time frame. But then life got so serious. I was in need of some JOY and laughter and Tim sure does make me laugh at times.

That Christmas Clue book looks good too. I'll have to check it out. I have a collection of children's holiday picture books and chapter books. I love going to Barnes and Noble before Christmas to see the latest children's books.

Thanks!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
While I read this only today so it's a little too late to read the book for conversation.
However, I will listen to the Podcasts. I've never listened to a Podcast before.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Thanks, MinnieCo!

I listen to podcasts on my commute but never thought about Christmas ones!
Thank you!

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy Rudy Day to you all.

Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
84432E2A-6529-45C2-A7A7-2C7DF3CAD15E.png

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Happy Rudy Day!!!
Worst_Rudolph (1).png

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Belated happy Rudolph day! I didn’t do much because I was helping my cousin make a clutch purse for her daughter that’s getting married. But we did go to Cracker Barrel for dinner and I found the lodges cast iron skillet in the size I was looking for (for my son) so I guess that’s christmassy.
I really enjoyed the retro Christmas, reminds me of when I was a kid. I’m anxious to start listening to those pod casts. That’s not something I’ve done before.