April Decluttering

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
This month I have been decluttering my bedroom. Mainly things like old handbags and some clothes that haven't been worn in years.

Today I will be sorting through my bed linen. I have a lot of it, and it takes up so much space! I only really need a couple of summer sets and a couple of winter sets. The rest can be donated. The hard part will be deciding which sets to keep!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 pair of snow pants, 1 scarf, 3 books, 1 sweater and a pair of boots are today's haul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
One more pj in the donation bag.
Tomorrow I'll start bringing out some summer clothing so might find a few items there

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have three trash bags full in the car (sounds like the nursery rhyme, 3 bags full, I do have one of wool but have not decided if I want to get rid of it yet) and a huge wicker basket (size of two large laundry baskets with a lid) that is filled with other baskets in Dh car ready for Goodwill tomorrow.

Then I unpacked a box of old glasses and mugs I used for the kids back in the 70s. I also found grandma's cranberry glasses and 6 shot glasses with sterling silver on the outside. Those DS and DDIL said they would take. So that's another box that will be gone next Sunday. If I'm not too worn out I'll hope to wash up my china set and they can take it also.

The storage area under the house looks really great and is only about half done. I have a dozen or so empty plastic tubs in the empty bedroom. Tomorrow I'll finish working on the canning jars. Some of them can go. I do not do a lot of canning anymore. Actually I do none but I'd like to make some pickled carrots so I'll hold one to a case or two of jars. I have some pint and a half jars that I will keep. I have some German jars that will go (might). I do not have the metal clamps that they need. Of course I could order them now. They really do need to go.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Today I'm going to go through old papers. Things that I have printed, but didn't really need to. Old uni notes, printed presentation slides, unit guides etc. There are plenty of those taking up space!

Have a great day, everyone! :D

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Decluttering for April

Sunday I had a huge box of Noritake china and full set of princess house water glasses out of the house when DS left. He also took a 12 x 10 area rug and a med size box of those Disney glasses from the 70's. Plus he took all the Birthday gifts which freed up a lot of space. Today I made half a trash bag full of paperwork from the files. So far so good. Still looks a mess here but there is some open areas so i can see the new carpet.

DS said when I die he would take the bedroom set but not the desk. So I will keep using them. The desk is a chess desk that his great grandfather made. It is finished on both sides which I think is really nice since you can put it anywhere.I'll see if any of his cousins would like it. If not I will see if one of my cousin's kids would like it.

I did end up pulling the German canning jars back out. Maybe next time they will go.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Well so far this month I was able to unpack another box, sell a pair of living room end tables and an extra vacuum cleaner that we no longer had a need for.

I have a bunch of stuff that will be thrown away come the first week in May, that's when our town does trash pick up of old/broken house hold items/appliances.