April GPD

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
April is the halfway mark to Halloween- what are your plans for GPD this month? I want to work on my 13 Days till Halloween countdown- Quick activities for each night. I need to plan "carve pumpkins"- last year we bought the pumpkins but did not carve them- :slap: I am working on my monthly calendar notebook and I have a feeling this year they will be carved :party:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wow, Twinkle, what a beautiful thought!!!! "April is the halfway point to Halloween."

I love, love, love Halloween! And the fact that it begins the long, delicious holiday season is so great!!!

Last year, I accidentally fell into the greatest way to celebrate Halloween! I started decorating one edge of our property - where there is a walkway. (It was supposed to be a street, but was never developed for cars. It is a pretty area, alongside a creek. Anyway, I started setting out Halloween decorations day by day -- in the weeks leading up tO HALLOWEEN, I started setting out decorations day by day. Little furry weatherproof bats with "BOO" in big white letters on their chests. Friendly ghosts on stakes. Lots of things from the dollar store.

Then I started hearing from people that they loved seeing what was "new" each day. Of course, children adored it. So -- I stuck everything in the attic, and I will do it again this year. (With another trip to the dollar store, of course!)
:jack:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Both ideas are fabulous...and so much fun....I am all about FUN!!!

SpakleNana do you have any pics? If so I would love to put them up on the homepage? If not ....be sure and take some this year of your work in porgress....

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
WOW! Halfway? HURRAY! I love your decorating trick, SparkleNana! I will make one triangle of a banner a week-including past Halloween photos, so it will be ready way before Halloween! This will incorporate your GPD blog Challenge as well, Gingerbug. Which is another wonderful idea! You gals are full of them! :grouphug:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Great ideas! And half way to Halloween! Now THAT is fun!

I am going to get my notebook up to speed (again? still? really this time?) and update my party section for 08's Boo!Bash2!

I also started a GPD blog, just to keep up with Ginger and Coffeenut! I can't let them get anything on me!! LOL!

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
I bought a real neat pattern off of ebay for a neat primitive looking spell book. Hopefully on GPD day I'll be crafting! :jack:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Good thing I got all my GPD dreaming and scheming done on my blog the other day...it looks like I'll spend most of this GPD working on taxes. Yuck-now that's scary!!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Well, Cathymac, that's my project for GPD this month! DH puts it off every year - regardless of whether we owe or get a refund. I think he likes the pressure of finding the nearest post office open until midnight on the 15th and then racing over there by 11:59. I can't stand it!

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I found holiday decor ideas on the internet (and put them on my great pumpkin blog-- http://greatpumpkindayblog.blogspot.com/).

I found some neat stuff... looking forward to fall.

I am anxious to get my pumpkins seeds planted in the garden-- we plant tons and share them with friends.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thank you for the reminder for planting pumpkin seeds, cmerth!! That will be my GPD project this year.

One year, I planted the tiny pumpkin seeds along a row of rose-of-sharon plants. (They grow 8 feet tall. ) The tiny pumpkins grew on vines like cucumbers. They climbed into the rose-of-sharon plants. It was strange -- and fun -- to see tiny pumpkins up there in October!!! I think I will do it again this year!!! We all need all the fun we can get!!!
:irishkiss:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
We'll plant pumpkins a little later...usually in early June for Halloween pumpkins. Last year we planted the ones at home a little too late...so we had a green pumpkin patch in the back yard for the Boo!Bash. My brother brought me a trailer load from the farm, though, so we had orange pumpkins. Ours at the house were orange in time for Thanksgiving. However, I'd rather have them orange and harvested by the party this year.

Right now the pumpkin patch at the farm is flooded from all the rain and storms we've endured lately.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Jackfrosty - I don't remember taking off the pumpkin vines (off of the rose-of-sharon plants). I think they just dried up. These were BIG rose-of-sharon plants, and the pumpkin vines didn't bother them.

I do think it is worth planting pumpkins. Just a very fun thing to grow.

jodilee10128

Retire Member
Oct 23, 2007
I found a craft store that has Christmas stuff and Fall decor on Clearance.

I'm going shopping for GPD!!!!!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
For April:

Work on my party planner for BOO BASH
Gather decor ideas

AND

Create those Halloween 2007 pages in my Halloween scrapbook! I have paper and materials picked out...just need to get a copy picutres actually printed!!