April reading - what are you reading right now?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've finished the 3 shades of gray books... I'd rate it 3/5 for me. Interesting but not great. I will not reread this series but now I know what people are talking about when I hear about those books.

Right now I'm reading 'demain' from Guillaume Musso. New book that just came out in March. Not sure it's in English yet, since the author is French. It looks very interesting. About a man who buys a laptop from the brother of a women who died 1 year ago. their emails cross (hers & his)... and they communicate 1 year difference in a parallel time.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I just picked up 3 books by Lisa Lutz. She writes The Spellman Files series and there's another book outside of the series that I picked up by her as well.

I just finished Angels at the Table by Debbie Macomber, love those books.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm reading Sand Castle Bay by Sheryll Woods. I also downloaded The Wanderer by Robyn Carr for only 1.99. Great deal on that.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
"What all working women need to know...and do" by Terry Prone. Its a couple of years old, and I started it before the Facebook CEO's book came out (Sandy something?) but seems a similar vein. Interesting reading.

I'm also in the middle of Bill Clinton's book "Back to Work", which is interesting although I am ignoring most of the political point-scoring he tries.

And my aunt just gave me "The Housemaid's Daughter" (can't remember the author) that I will start over this weekend.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I just ordered The Orphan Master's Son and Black Count from the library.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I picked up Gone Girl from the library today. I had it on hold. Of course it comes in right after I just checked out 3 books from the other library. LOL

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
It will take me forever b/c i don't take much down time to red but i stated The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Don't remember the name of the book but it's a true story about a man who went into libraries and cut old maps out of books for retail. Given to me by another librarian...

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Don't remember the name of the book but it's a true story about a man who went into libraries and cut old maps out of books for retail. Given to me by another librarian...
The Island of Lost Maps? I just ordered it from my library. tfs

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Lucie- That's a good one. I used to read alot of Mary Higgins Clark, not sure why I stopped.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Jess - up to now it is interesting. Only thing is.... it's a copy (someone gave to me) on my ereader... and I don't know why but there are a lot of typos...characters are not all right but doesn't stop me from reading it.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Wijulie and I are still slogging through Moby Dick. We are both at around the same point. It's nice to have someone reading it with.

I have had such little time- a few minutes here and there.

It's not "easy" reading so I often have to re-read things.

We both agree- when the book goes into the characters and life on the boat, it's very good. Some of the other very detailed stuff is hard to get through.

It makes me feel good, though, that I'm not giving up.

Annie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I started Gone Girl this afternoon. Honestly, I didn't even know what it was about until I opened it up and read the preview. Sounds like it will be good. I decided since it's a highly requested book i'll read it before the others from the other library because I can always renew those.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Ordered one of Louise Penny's books. I think I have four waiting at the library right now. lol

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I finished INVISIBLE MONSTERS for April book club.
I've been reading the 2nd book of the 50 SHADES series for about a month. I hated the first book which we read for book club last year. In the 2nd book, I'm starting to like the character a little more, so it's becoming easier to read.
Our May book club book is REBECCA. I ordered it from Amazon but it hasn't arrived yet.