Are you going shopping today?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I should be decluttering and cleaning today. But - because of working on a funeral his week - I have to buy a birthday present for a grandchild. (And little small, wrapped gifts for the other children in the family. Our tradition.)

So, I will look for more small gifts at the dollar store for my stash. Instead of being upset that I have to go shopping, I am going to enjoy it! (That does not mean that I am going to spend much money. I am just going to allow myself to enjoy the experience - rather than thinking about what I should be doing instead.) :package:

peppermint pattie

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I love to shop and it doesn't take much of a reason. I did everything yesterday but I have the sniffles and sneezing today so I will probably go to the drug store. I will also look for some kind of instant spice tea while I'm out. I want something I can taste. Hope all are safe from Ike. It's windy here. I feel for Houston.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nope, not today.... today is clean-up day.... vaccuum, dusting, a bit of cooking and HOPEFULLY a little time for myself to craft.... ah yes, laundry too!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Yes, I am shopping today. We are heading into the city to run errands and I am going to Michaels!! They have scrapbook stuff on for 40% off and I have a 50% off coupon!! I am making a friend a scrapbook for Christmas and need some supplies. DH and the kids will head off to somewhere else so I can take my time and have a good look around.

:party: Melanie

Santa_Elf

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Wylie, TX (NE of Dallas)
No shopping for us today. We are hunking for the remnants of Hurricane Ike :help: to come through our area. I have a big pot of soup on (enough to last all day LOL), all my Christmas magazines I have found, and some catalogs to work on my gift list.

It will be a windy, rainy day and I am on my couch loving it.

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
No shopping getting done here today. Or anytime next week :slap:

I still need to get ALL my christmas shopping done. I am so terrified thinking how much still needs to be done by December :thud:

Today I will be spending most of my time cleaning. Oh and the dog needs a bath.

Deckr8r

Retire Member
Jun 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I had a shopping trip planned out for today, but DH and DS are going to a race 2 hours away and took my car and left me with the stupid old pickup truck I never want to drive. (any other Taylor Swift fans out there?) So I'm looking at the bright side - I have the whole house all to myself and can do what ever I want and then I can watch the USC/Ohio St. game later. Go Trojans! No lack of things to do around this joint. LOL

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Went shopping, could not find anythng I needed - came home empty handed and started laundry. :sad:

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I hit the clearance gold mine today. I went to Sears and they had their clearance clothing half off the reduced price, so i got 6 tops and 1 pair of capris, total original price $204, after the discount i paid 30 bucks and change including tax. Love it, can't believe when i finad an awesome deal like that. 7 items of clothing for less than the regular price of 1 of the items. :bigsnow: :pink: :applause: :party:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Grocery shopping this morning, as well as a few little crafty items to finish up a couple of projects while the hurricane rages. My mom and I went shopping yesterday-Michael's and Hobby Lobby, then lunch! I scored a ton of glitter for half price-I got copper, red, clear, black and orange. I bought a bunch of paper to make banners with and I also bought a jar of jingle bells for a Joyeux Noel banner I made this morning.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Surprisingly I did not do any shopping this weekend. Oh that's not quite true -- I bought a new Sudoku puzzle book. I plan to stop next door to KMart after work (before I head to my parttime gig) to pick up a few items I need for the house. While there I want to see if they have rolls of orange and hunter green wrapping paper.

Cinnamonstix

Retire Member
Sep 4, 2008
NB, Canada
I wish...I go shopping only once a month. We live almost an hour from the malls, that with owning a big old gas guzzler of a truck and gas being almost $6 a gallon equals to a visit to Wal-Mart being a carefully planned trip. :slap:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I went to Goodwill on Saturday, because I had a few things to take there. Sunday, I stopped at Dollar General on my way to church; got the new Woman's Day mag. Loved it. After church, I got a few groceries, because we were supposed to get the rains from Ike in East Central Indiana. We didn't get much rain, but we got wind!! I don't like wind at all. So on my lunch hour, I went to a different Dollar General today, and got the coasters and a couple of other Christmas items for the kitchen and also a dish towel for fall. yay for me!! :applause:

:bigsnow:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Oh I forgot, while in the dollar store I also picked up four colored candle plates (2 brown, 2 green) - fall colors. I have a dual purpose for them... coasters as well as candle holders. I have them stacked on an end table in the livingroom. They go perfect with the all fall items I have on that table. While in line I saw some shaped like a leaf but I only saw them in green. If they had the brown also I would have bought them instead of the regulart square ones I have.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
aggy said:
Oh I forgot, while in the dollar store I also picked up four colored candle plates (2 brown, 2 green) - fall colors. I have a dual purpose for them... coasters as well as candle holders. I have them stacked on an end table in the livingroom. They go perfect with the all fall items I have on that table. While in line I saw some shaped like a leaf but I only saw them in green. If they had the brown also I would have bought them instead of the regulart square ones I have.

aggy, what a cute idea. Did you find them at Dollar Tree?

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Pam Spaur said:
aggy said:

aggy, what a cute idea. Did you find them at Dollar Tree?

Sure Did! :pink: