As fall approaches......

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

christmasallyear

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
the night air cools, the leaves will soon begin to turn. It is such a nice time of year. With fall, comes my turn to host a large family birthday party. I need ideas! Help! Food and drink are no problem. I have no trouble coming up with ideas to please everyone. A game or even an activity outdoors or at some venue would be ideal. We would have food and drink in my home before or after whatever activity we choose. I thought of paintball but it is not my first choice. Party will be sometime in October, no date set yet.

Adults will also be present so it would be great if I could incorporate everyone, but if not, kids-only ideas are most appreciated.

Last edited:

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Bowling is a great activity for any age. Usually you can even take your food/cake there to serve if you want to.

Also i work at a community center and they offer party packages in the pool area (indoor pool with slide and stuff) so thats another idea good for all ages.

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Depending on the location, perhaps you could have a pumpkin carving contest!
:hat:

Maybe before that contest the family can load up and head out to a pumpkin farm to pick their very own pumpkin. I have fond memories of this as a child we would all head out to the pumpkin patch. There would always be a hayrack ride, hot cider, and a cool breeze in the air.

You could put together a themed scavenger hunt - kids and adults of all ages always think this is a blast!

Good luck! I'm sure whatever you decide will turn out wonderfully!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Wii

Yes, if you have one or are thinking of one for Christmas bring it out early if it's raining for a tournament. Tournament against the sexes, oldies against the young ones, family against family.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
I love the pumpkin carving idea. You could do traditional games like sack races, apple bobbing, pumpkin roll race, you could hang doughnuts on a string up in theair just above the contestants noses and see who can eat their doughnut off the string first without using their hands. That is so funny!

Moonbounces could be rented (I don't know your budget for this) but the adults like them to, don't let them tell you they don't. They are so much more fun to rent and have at home then somewhere where you have to share them. You can be in them as long as you want to.

You could have the stuff to make scarecrows, each family could do one up, judge them and then each family can take theirs home to enjoy.

christmasallyear

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
Awesome ideas! Thank you. I like the pumpkin roll idea. I would like to extend that to a short obstacle course. Any ideas on that? I could devise teams and have them roll the pumpkin, eat a doughnut off a string.............and then what???????????

:jack: