August 2019, declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Desk drawers (and a lot of other office-type storage furniture) yield a lot of useless bits and pieces. I found eight pencil sharpeners. Everyone's getting a CrockPot and a pencil sharpener for Christmas :D;).

I'd like the Magic Crockpot that you just plug in, tap there times with a spoon and it fills it self and then cooks up something for dinner. You know for those times when you just can't think of anything to make for dinner.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I'd like the Magic Crockpot that you just plug in, tap there times with a spoon and it fills it self and then cooks up something for dinner. You know for those times when you just can't think of anything to make for dinner.
We'd call it the Whatever Pot!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will take 3 garbage bags of bottles to the bottle depot today and redeem the dollars. Not much decluttering but DH will be pleased that they are out of the garage.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Dropped a box off at the Goodwill. I think I've listed everything here already - books, some office supplies, OXO glass dishes, other bits and pieces. Now I can finally take down the extra craft table that was in the living room holding the box and being the catch-all spot for things I was decluttering.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
things have slowed down a bit over the past few weeks. I am about to start Spring cleaning/Christmas prep so I am hopeful that a few more things will be out the door.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
More paper out---my gosh how much is in here?????

Jaymee took a small box home of a few things. Not alot but a few things that have been sitting on the counter for her.

Some jars and containers went to the garage. (which is another mess in itself)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I wish we had recycling in our area. None here. :(

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm on a roll. I've scheduled a pick up with ARC when they've called for about 5 months in a row now. We're also still in the process of clearing out my brothers storage shed. Some of that is tossed items, but most we're trying to sell online. I did about 6 sales on Facebook Market places last week, so that was good. We're saving all that money towards us taking a weekend trip somewhere together to celebrate our birthdays this past July. He was still recovering from surgery and in no condition to go anywhere. So it's good incentive.

We've almost pretty much decided we're moving next year, so this Holiday Plan I'll be tossing even more. I do purges about 2x a year in each room, but this time I'm going to try and let go of even more. I'll keep telling myself the more I keep, the more I'll have to carry. I've been here for 24 years, so I've got ALOT of stuff I'm sure I can let go.

horsemama

MHH Member
Jun 22, 2011
Lana: More paper out---my gosh how much is in here????? (sorry I don't know how to quote someone)

OMG you made me laugh...I think it multiplies while we aren't looking!! :eek: I've got several bags of paper trash to shred...and I still found another box of old bills and stuff. Holy smokes...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Michelle moving after so many years, yikes! I don't even want to consider it... so much stuff to get rid of!

Deep-cleaned guest-office-wardrobe. Got rid of 2 books and 2 camera cases (we don't even have cameras anymore!)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana: More paper out---my gosh how much is in here????? (sorry I don't know how to quote someone)
Horsemama, to quote someone, click and drag over what you want to quote and it will highlight in blue. Let go of the button and the text should remain highlighted and a red "reply" tab will appear. Click on the reply tab and the quote should appear in a new message box. Hope this helps.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have a box of paper from all DD's things I have been going through, I also have a large pile of brush to burn. Thanks for the idea Lana.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Lucie, my husband and I are complete opposites. He keeps EVERYTHING and I don't. Now don't get me wrong, I have alot of stuff and he'd probably beg to differ, but I joke and say that moving may be the ONLY thing our marriage doesn't survive some day. I guess we'll be testing this theory out. Honestly, it's not something I'll be looking forward to. I'll probably end up packing up most of the house, but moving day, he'll be in charge and he's a SERIOUS worker. So wish me luck building up the strength to actually do it! hahahaha

Reactions: luludou