August 2020 declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
So. I still have the boxes that DD28 decluttered when she was visiting here in June. They are sitting in the laundry room. In the way. LOL I NEED to call to see if the humane society thrift shop is accepting .... I just haven't called. Sigh ....

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
We got 2 screen doors out of the garage and onto the front and side doors. They look awesome and now I can open the doors and let in a nice breeze and light. They even slam when you walk in and let go of the door. :p

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
DDs came yesterday evening and got what they wanted from the rummage stuff. DH and I just dropped off a load of DD24's things at her house in Ruston. Last night she took all her winter clothes from our house.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Two sacks of trash went out of the house today! Allen going thru some of his stuff and just with cleaning the bar off. Also Allen found a box of papers and I threw out all the magazines from it--almost. Tore a few things out to keep for maybe CIJ postings for 2021!

Need to gather the ink cartridges and the soda tabs (and beer tabs off cans given to Teigan to turn in) we have here so Teigan can take to school. (in case it closes down so they get out of here).

Found a girl to take the plastic lids that I have been collecting and had no use for. Actually a co-workers church is collecting them so will move that bag out tomorrow and start again.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I wasn't planning on decluttering our basement again but yesterday we had flooding in our basement due to Tropical Storm Isaias. Everything not in a tote was brought upstairs so the floor could dry. Before I bring anything back down, I'm asking the family if they want it or not. After going through toys and games, we have two trashcans filled with things missing parts. I have three more bags to donate.

We will be going through the rest of the stuff in the garage, mudroom and family room today.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I wasn't planning on decluttering our basement again but yesterday we had flooding in our basement due to Tropical Storm Isaias. Everything not in a tote was brought upstairs so the floor could dry. Before I bring anything back down, I'm asking the family if they want it or not. After going through toys and games, we have two trashcans filled with things missing parts. I have three more bags to donate.

We will be going through the rest of the stuff in the garage, mudroom and family room today.
Looks like some good (decluttering) came out of Isaias although I'm sorry you have to deal with the water as well.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Oh my, what a day. The mudroom is filled with donations. I think I'll try to drop things off on Friday to clear out the room. I have three trash cans filled now.

Dh moved everything around yesterday so after decluttering, I spent the rest of the day organizing the locations of totes back to where they were before. There are other areas like the laundry and craft sections that I will work on some more in the autumn. For now, it is good enough. :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
4 trash cans went out filled with things that were missing pieces, damaged, etc. 8 bags of items were taken to the donation center. It was a great feeling to make a decision to let those things go. :)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I threw out a can of pumpkin that was out of date! :D

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Refill that pumpkin now or you may not find any during the holiday season. Thanks for the reminder. I'm putting pumpkin on my shopping list.

Reactions: missjane and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
No decluttering here, all the charity bins are closed.
I am just about to start the Holiday Grand Plan so will see what I may be able to get out of the house.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I added 10 more books to the book donation bag. I don't know when I'll be able to take books to the used book store again but when I do, watch out! :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Between yesterday and today I got a bag and half of trash out of spare room. Room Jaymee used and still has stuff in. Most was empty boxes and just general receipts and empty containers. I can see the floor all in the middle and have stuff stacked for her to go thru.

Sold a white wicker dresser on Marketplace last night. Was sold within 3 hours of listing it.

Jaymee did come buy and take a small talbet/laptop home today for Teigan.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got rid of an old commode.. it is now at mil's for the new owners if they buy (they wanted the commode but are waiting for the bank loan to be approved to buy the house). Hoping it doesn't come back here.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
The consignment shop is taking winter items, so I hope to get some things up there Tuesday. They're not open on Mondays.