August 2020 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Our hostess for August is @Lana. Stay tuned for all the great content she'll be sharing with us.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will be posting the wrapping party dates for this year on Rudy Day.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Stay tuned - details are coming soon!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am so SORRY that I am so late on this! I did not realize or remember that I signed up for this month!!!!! Thank you Pam for telling me.

The movie I would like to watch this month is one I saw advertised awhile back on Netflix. It is Holiday In The Wild with Rob Lowe and Kristin Davis in it.

A book that I reread time to time is Home For Christmas by Anne Marie Rodgers

I like all Christmas magazines but mostly I like the Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks with the hints in them, and the Country Woman Annual Hardbook Christmas books they have.

I use to follow a blog called HappyBirds Crafting Haven but now follow her on FB called Happy Birds Glitter Nest. All types of crafts.

On you tube I like to watch the Dollar Tree Christmas Crafting Videos.

With pinterest a cute ornament to make or have kids make is the gumball ornament. Search for DIY gumball machine ornaments.

Cooking I love trying candies/cookies and appetizers. I am constantly looking for them.

Once again sorry so late!!!! I hope you get some ideals or good reads from my suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY AUGUST RUDY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I used to follow Happy Birds too! Great site.

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
Happy Rudy Day! Mostly going to tackle cleaning out the guest room today, I'll be sure to get my Christmas music on to put that happy sound in the house and a mistletoe candle burning to go with it :)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I will work some more on my advent calendar or knit some more.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I will dig into all your ideas Lana when I have time later this evening! Looking forward to it!

I just wanted to share that the new holiday postage stamps for the US can be preordered now - that was a nice Rudolph Day surprise!!! :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I listened to a Christmas podcast and watched a DIY Dollar Store Christmas video. Oh my goodness... I will have to look at the Dollar Store more carefully in the future. I have never seen half that stuff before. I don't know if my local one gets picked over quickly or if they ever carried it. I have noticed that some Dollar Stores are cleaner and carry a better selection so maybe I just need to find another one to peruse.

I really can't believe that we are 4 months away from Christmas. It seems like a lifetime since last Christmas.

Reactions: rabble and luludou

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
This Rudy Day really snuck up on me, I am going to break out the new CD of an old Christmas cassette and make some plans for Rudolph Day #9

Reactions: rabble

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy Rudy Day.
I posted the wrapping party dates this morning so they are up. I am excited to get moving with Christmas prep. Today I will put on some music and my snowman socks and update my planner and craft lists. Still have a lot to do and really not long left to do it.

Reactions: luludou and rabble

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lana, I wasn’t familiar with Happy Birds. Thanks for posting it! I’m making some plans already, just need some supplies. I’m not familiar with the movie so will have to look it up.

Not much Rudy Day here. I bought a Santa Claus melon lol. It’s really good, just happen to see them at the fresh market. Working on pocket prayer quilts tonight. Might put in a Christmas movie when I head off to bed.

So happy wrapping dates are up!!! Will get them in my planner. Those dates signal to me that Christmas is getting close:D

Reactions: rabble

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
@Holiday_Mom christmas podcast?! I'm very interested in this

I forgot about Rudolph day until today - i havent bothered with days of the week in August :p

I'm going to continue working on advent calendars on my belated rudy day. I very nearly bought some gifts this morning and kept the cursor hovering over the button on amazon until I chickened out

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
@Holiday_Mom christmas podcast?! I'm very interested in this

This site has a list of them but I haven't tried all of them out yet.

Here are my favorites:
In depth look at Christmas music - https://tinseltunes.com/
In depth look at Christmas traditions - https://christmaspast.media/
Various topics relating to Christmas - https://merrypodcast.com/
For a lighter humorous look at Christmas - https://cantwaitforchristmaspod.com/

I like to save them up for Rudolph Days and when I'm prepping for Christmas. :)

Last edited:

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I was at work on the 25, & since I've had this cold or whatever I've slept a LOT.
I am making funny gift tags today (which I think I saw here, but cannot remember) & working in my notebook. Oh how I love working in my notebook.
I planned on starting buying gifts for grandkids at the beginning of the month. Time--I really need more time in each day.