August 2021 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Wow! I can not believe that it is August already. I'm still back with Christmas in July! :D

Here are my suggestions for this month's Rudolph Day on Wednesday, August 25th:

Movie: White Christmas with Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen
Book: The Christmas Hirelings by Mary Elizabeth This is the free version through Google Books. You can also listen to it as an Audio Podcast in 4 parts.
Magazines Martha Stewart Living December 2020 (Your library may have this for free through Flipster, a digital magazine subscription.)
Blog: Home for the Holidays Blog Tour
YouTube: Holiday DIYs by Blossom
Pinterest: Root Deer Floats

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
So looking forward to sitting down and reading some of these ideas.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh Deer. I am so into Root Beer right now. I think because summer is coming to an end and root beet floats are a passage of summer.

• Love
Reactions: HouseElf and jampss

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well THAT was a rabbit hole for sure!!! :)

Love the blog tour - the first one of White Christmas theme is just gorgeous! I love the look but we could never have so much white in our house - not with our huge dogs LOL

The YouTube video was AWESOME! Saw at least a dozen things I want to try now!!!

Love the movie pic! One of our all time favorites! It's probably the Christmas movie (well one of 2) that I am the most nostalgic about. Even though we didn't celebrate Christmas as I was growing up - my mother taped White Christmas off of TV and edited out the Christmassy parts :rolleyes:

So I grew up watching it - just without the beginning scene, part of the Snow song and the end scene - if you can believe it? I guess that made it "ok" - but regardless it is one of the few memories that technically fall into the Christmas category that I can look back on. Gotta work with what you have, right?

I'll have to come back to the blog tour and spend more time - I'm getting the itch to plan some new touches for decor this year!!!

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Wow! I can not believe that it is August already. I'm still back with Christmas in July! :D

Here are my suggestions for this month's Rudolph Day on Wednesday, August 25th:

Movie: White Christmas with Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen
Book: The Christmas Hirelings by Mary Elizabeth This is the free version through Google Books. You can also listen to it as an Audio Podcast in 4 parts.
Magazines Martha Stewart Living December 2020 (Your library may have this for free through Flipster, a digital magazine subscription.)
Blog: Home for the Holidays Blog Tour
YouTube: Holiday DIYs by Blossom
Pinterest: Root Deer Floats
Loved the Holiday DIY's by Blossom, thank you for posting!

Reactions: HouseElf and jampss

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I worked on my lists for Christmas yesterday as I had time. If I can find my movie, I'll watch it today.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I did a lot of planning and dreaming. Cannot believe how close we are getting to Christmas 2021. Exciting times ahead.