August 2022 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
August is canning season for me (even though I've been a "city" girl for 40+ years). I have difficulty tolerating tinned tomatoes, tomato sauce, and jarred pasta sauces, and I haven't bought jam in years! And, since I come from a fruit-growing region and have a major tomato grower with excellent prices from year to year, I'll do my own. My pantry will get reorganized a dozen times this month as I move jars around and fit 2022 filled jars in, use up spices and refill others. I've already got my pantry refill list started. The garage will need reorganization, too, as I've been pulling out empty canning jars and other supplies. At some point this month, I need to start looking at carpet for the stairs and guest bedroom at the very least, and maybe the master bedroom, too, depending on the cost and how soon they can get to it.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have started a new box for donations. I have a car visor CD holder in there so far.

I did go get some senior equipment from my friend and donated it for her to Hospice. Her 98 year old mother is now in a facility.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
  • 1 singing toy frog (not working anymore)
  • 1 thin foam mattress (will be given to dniece for her animals)
  • 1 bag of papers shredded and in recycling
  • 1 backpack

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Working in the living room today I found some things to donate to charity net month. A mantle clock that doesn't work ( some one may be able to replace the clock, several candles, a galvanized lantern, 2 small shutters, a basket made of pine cones, and a Partylite tea lamp.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I put a wall clock in the donation box along with a dark green glass shade to the Partylite lamp I put in there earlier (had 2 different shades) and threw out a glass salad dressing bottle that I thought was pretty and saved for a vase. I was amazed by all the stuff I was able to get rid of, including a bowl of keys we tested and only found 2 that worked to open anything. I must have been just the right mindset. I have coffee mugs that the kids brought back from their travels for us and it just a mug but the thoughtful ness to bring something back makes it hard for me to let go as I don't want to hurt their feelings. They probably wouldn't even notice. One day.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I seem to be bringing stuff in not getting it out.
Will start HGP the last week of August so know that things will be tossed and donated then.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I sent a box to school by DH that had face shields and disposable gowns in it that were left over from when we had them at the voting polls. No one wanted them who worked at the polls last year, so we brought them home with us. Time for them to go! His DN took the gowns to use for a math activity in her classroom.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
1661087771290.png

LOL :D

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Used up some bits and pieces of bottles of various stuff, so was able to throw out the containers. No recycling where we live which makes me sad.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH is out in the back yard doing some tidying up. Hopefully some items are getting tossed.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I put a few things in the new booth Dsis and I are sharing. I started going through my table linens today. I seriously need to let some of them go. They are worn, have holes, are what is considered "cutter" grade for projects, so I started looking for craft projects for which they can be used. Just can't seem to see them gone. We'll see what I find. If not...I'll let them bless someone else.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am starting the HGP this week and into September. I have set a goal of 50 items to be tossed/donated during the HGP. I wanted to challenge myself.
Will be interesting to see if I make hit the target.

Reactions: jampss and luludou