August 28th-September 3rd 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Can you believe that we are moving into September? I really don't think it was that long ago that we were heading into Autumn and Winter here and now we are into Spring. I am feeling very energised this week and am glad to be working on some projects.

Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time.

Weekly:
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms ( )( )
*meal plan dinners plus work lunches (X) Look at pantry freezers for inspiration/ideas.
*clean fridge ( )
*tidy pantry ( )
*tidy freezer ( )
*tidy stockpile ( )
*general tidy up ( )
*shopping list (fortnightly) ( ) grocery shopping (fortnightly) ( )
*make work lunches for Friday (X)

Fun/ Christmas prep:

*start/continue/finish one craft project ( )
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine (X) Goal for the year is to read 10, I have read 20
*update planner (X)
*tidy gift closet ( )
*continue looking for stocking fillers, gifts and supplies ( ) A year round project..I have a lot to buy this year so will need to be savvy.

This week:

*Exercise at least 3 days (X)(X)( )
*Connect with family via phone, email or text (X)
*Continue HGP Entry (X)
*Work extra for boss (X)
*Dog sit Sunday (X)
*Doctors appointment Wednesday ( )cancelled as Dr was unwell
*Dinner with DB (X)
*Pop into work Thursday ( )not needed
*Check with family re get together ( ) started, need to confirm a date
*Day trip to farm Saturday (X)

5 small chores:
1) Pack away winter decor (X)
2) Declutter candle cupboard, use them up (X)
3) Work on Rudy Day post (X)
4) Wrap Father's Day gift (X)
5) Book dogs for groomer ( ) Left message

Project for Winter......Tidy Family History information and complete 1 jigsaw puzzle
Word of the Year: Prepare

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This week our temperatures are getting hot enough to make it feel like summer. I can tell it's August with the sounds of crickets, a few leaves here and there on the ground and the evening light is getting shorter and shorter. Everyone here will be in school tomorrow. It will be quiet again with just dh and I working from home.

Priority
  • Word of Year: Release
  • Stretches/Cardio
  • Journal
Secondary
  • Pay bills: Water, Oil
  • Correspondence: Family History group;
  • Appts:
  • Weekly Cleaning: Vacuum, Dust, Mop, Empty trash cans, Bathrooms
  • Monthly Cleaning: Living Room, Entrance, Dining Room and Front Porch:
    • Dust Blinds.
    • Sweep the front porch.
    • Clean the front door.
    • Wipe down the wall and door jambs.
    • Dust Chandelier.
    • Wipe down dining room chairs.
    • Declutter
  • Yard work: Weed the garden
  • Austen Reading
  • Laundry
  • Menu Plan
  • Gather recipes for MHH
  • Set up planner for the school year
  • Make lists for continuing ed. plan, research goals, HHP.

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, I am gonna try to Monday: walk the mall and lunch out with a friend & take DS19 to college class. Tuesday: house cleaning job. Friday: Aldi's grocery shopping.

I need to call: the dentist and ask about my filling and crowns, the special needs scholarship program about DS's status.

Chores: laundry, dusting, mopping the kitchen, garden, meal prep.

Fun: keep crocheting DD30's Christmas duster/sweater

:)

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Lots to do this week!
  • Sunday -- bridal shower; a stop at the hardware for paint samples for the front door
  • Monday -- can DD's tomatoes; make an extra batch of spaghetti sauce to can, since I've already used some of what I previously canned. At $9.00 for a 20# box, it just makes better financial sense to make my own.
  • Tuesday - start HGP; porch landing and stairs, windows out and storm door
  • Wednesday -- paint front door
  • Thursday -- trim hydrangeas (since Association landscapers never did their job!!!!), windows in
  • Friday -- hang fall wreath and flag, check holiday door mat, purchase mums for the front porch
  • Saturday -- crochet class with DD begins; concert in the park across the street late afternoon and evening (3 bands from the mid- to late 1990s and early 2000s -- Dishwalla, Spin Doctors, and Hinder; we're encouraged to bring in lawn chairs or a blanket, and coolers with food and beverages are allowed -- pop, beer, wine, some appetizers and other goodies for the evening). The venue is just up the hill from me, about 1/2 block away. DD, DSIL, and possibly a couple of good friends are joining me, so we'll make it a party!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh, you reminded me ... by the end of the week ... time to get out Fall Decor! Woot!!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This week our temperatures are getting hot enough to make it feel like summer. I can tell it's August with the sounds of crickets, a few leaves here and there on the ground and the evening light is getting shorter and shorter. Everyone here will be in school tomorrow. It will be quiet again with just dh and I working from home.
Mary, what a lovely picture you paint. I can just imagine the view looking out your window.

Reactions: farmerswife

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh, you reminded me ... by the end of the week ... time to get out Fall Decor! Woot!!!
Jampss, I don't know about your Summer but for as much as I complained our Winter seemed to just fly by. Cannot believe that we are heading into another season.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What? Did I miss summer already. Can’t believe how fast time is going!
Same here. I know I say it every year (getting old I guess) but where has the time gone?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
concert in the park across the street late afternoon and evening (3 bands from the mid- to late 1990s and early 2000s -- Dishwalla, Spin Doctors, and Hinder; we're encouraged to bring in lawn chairs or a blanket, and coolers with food and beverages are allowed -- pop, beer, wine, some appetizers and other goodies for the evening). The venue is just up the hill from me, about 1/2 block away. DD, DSIL, and possibly a couple of good friends are joining me, so we'll make it a party!
Even though I do not know the bands that are playing it seems like a perfect late Summer night's entertainment. I hope that it is a great night and you enjoy the party!