August 9th-15th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I had one of those weeks where I got nothing much done. We spent 2 days at the farm taking delivery of the water tanks and a sore back meant not much was done here. Not to worry as there are more days this week to get things done.

Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Cleanse,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Read and sleep at reasonable time,
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.

Weekly:
*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*wash hair (X)
*shave legs ( ) not happening for now.....Winter growth lol
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors ( )
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)
*meal plan (X)
*clean fridge (X)
*tidy pantry (X)
*tidy freezer (X)
*shopping list (fortnightly) (X) grocery shopping (fortnightly) ( )

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X)
*start/continue/finish one book (X)
*books back to library ( )
*update planner (X)
*tidy gift closet ( )
*DrillDance training plan (X)
*DrillDance training (X)
*walk at least 3 times ( ) ( ) ( )

Extras:
*5 small maintenance chores (X)
*Grocery list (X)
*Grocery shopping Thursday (X)
*work on DrillDance routine (X)
*trip to hardware shop on Thursday (X)
*Work on Household binder (X)
*trip to the farm Saturday (X)

Word of the Year:
Appreciate

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I feel like now that i'm at school all day nothing is getting done at home. I come home and the kids have done nothing. I need to leave a list but can't think of what I want them to do really. I'll have to get better about that so I don't come home to a disaster.

[X] Fingerprints (Mon)
[X] [-] Acupuncture (Tue/Thu)
[X] Eli doctor appointment (Thu)
[X] Call maintenance to schedule Ecolab and to look at A/C (Mon)

[X] Print schedules for kids online instruction
[X] Boutiki for birthday gift for friend (Wed)
[X] Return movie to library

[-] Leave list for kids everyday of things to accomplish (make master list on Sunday and then break it up daily)
[X] [X] [X] [X] Take lunch daily

[X] Vacuum and dust bedroom
[X] Renew library books

I'll add more if I think of it.

Last edited:

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Evening routine - clear kitchen counters and declutter living/dining room, cleanse, night cream, cuticle treatment, moisture gloves, go to bed by 9:30pm (Sunday-Thursday) (Sn) (M) (T) (W) (Th) (F) (S)

Weekly:
Laundry (Wash/Dry/Fold/PUT AWAY)
Meal Plan
Grocery List

Grocery Shopping

Leisure:
Read (X) Agatha Raisin and the Perfect Paragon by M. C. Beaton
Return library books if applicable (N/A)
Pick up any new library books (N/A)
Update planner, tidy gift closet, check Amazon Wish Lists ( )
Scan two family photos and send to my cousin in the UK for identification - last two not back yet

Chores/Things To Do:
Keep filing up to date
Place Nordstrom Anniversary Sale order Aug 13
Pick up chili pepper bowl cozies

Rental House:
Rent for August
Lead Inspection
Pressure washing
Fence repair

Follow-Ups:
Check in with Seismic Retrofit for update on permit (postponed to Aug 20)
Sizzix replacement parts
Hallmark (still waiting for reissue of 40% off coupons that expired during the height of COVID-19 - sent second request Aug 8)
Orders due:
Kraken shirts
WGU Shirts
LEGO
Erin Condren for Sophia
Williams Sonoma skillet
Lacy Belles (fall decor)
Fickle Felt Tree (fall garland)
Hallmark ornament
L L Bean order
Nordstrom order
Amazon books to Sophia (1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3 - order split into three shipment due to availability)
Colorful Images bookplates for Sophia
Watch for Target wedding gift acknowledgment
Watch for Amazon wedding gift acknowledgment

Bold green - items completed
Bold red - items not completed

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Last week was just a pain. I'm hoping this week is better.

• Clean Bathrooms.
  • Pay bills.
  • Call: Auto shop to set up car inspections.
  • Weed one flower bed or trim bushes.
  • Make a grocery list.
  • Buy groceries.
  • FlyLady: Kitchen
    • Dust top of fan.
    • Clean oven.
    • Clean microwave.
    • Clean out the refrigerator.
    • Wipe down cabinets and appliances.
    • Wash floor.
    • Clean Windows.
    • Wipe down the trash can.
    • Wipe down wall and door jambs.
  • Trimester Goals - 5 days/20 minute sessions:
    • Write out Exercise plan for the week: What time of day for cardio? For weights?
    • Write up Research plan for the week: Who am I writing about this week? What questions do I want to answer; What sources do I want to use?
To do this week:
  • Fill out survey.
  • Set up Annual and Semi Annual Outdoor Work List
Projects to work on as time permits:
  • Set up a Celebrate Christmas basket for myself: Christmas tea blend, scented candle, matches, hot chocolate, Christmas mug, maybe a Pepperidge Farm Christmas cookies
  • Set up Home and Holiday Excel Planning Sheets
  • Put together Christmas cookie dry mix kits and add recipe to each kit.
  • Start brainstorming gifts for September through January.
  • Review responses for items/activities that make autumn and December special. Put together a shopping list of those items.
  • Think about a back to school gift vs. Christmas gift for teachers.
  • Review Holiday Spruce Up list and talk to dh about it.
  • Work on family virtual learning plan and how to make it work if it happens this semester.

Last edited:

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Set up a Celebrate Christmas basket for myself: Christmas tea blend, scented candle, matches, hot chocolate, Christmas mug, maybe a Pepperidge Farm Christmas cookies
I LOVE this! Is it to enjoy on a specific day or just throughout the month? I can see making a basket like this for Rudolph Day each month.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I can see making a basket like this for Rudolph Day each month.
I think this is a wonderful idea. I read somewhere that one of our members got Christmas chocolates on clearance after Christmas and popped them in their Rudy Day basket for through the year. A great idea to celebrate our special day.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I LOVE this! Is it to enjoy on a specific day or just throughout the month? I can see making a basket like this for Rudolph Day each month.

I wanted to find a way to cope and adapt to the fact that I may not have an hour to two hours each week alone in the house to wrap gifts. I was able to find that time alone in October and November in the past. I'd write out Christmas cards or I'd wrapped gifts while listening to a Christmas movie on the Hallmark Channel in our family room. However, with the strong possibility that my dc will be home in October and November for virtual schooling, I'm going to use this basket for when I have to wrap gifts in my bedroom. I've wrapped gifts every Thanksgiving weekend in the bedroom and it is just not the same.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
HM , I put a gooseberry patch cookbook I have received last Christmas and have not looked at yet, A beautiful Christmas journal to write in, my 'ber' months calendar to work on, ... I need to add to it though... candle, maybe some Christmas socks to put on when I watch a Christmas movie ;) ...

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
HM , I put a gooseberry patch cookbook I have received last Christmas and have not looked at yet, A beautiful Christmas journal to write in, my 'ber' months calendar to work on, ... I need to add to it though... candle, maybe some Christmas socks to put on when I watch a Christmas movie ;) ...
That would be fun to buy a book in the after-Christmas sale and put it in your basket to be enjoyed later.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
@MrsSoup , I decided that I would pick up some boxes of tea to give to the teachers during the first week of school. I'll wait on buying it just in case school goes virtual between now and then.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Reactions: PamelaG

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
In the HHP, there is a week in September or October where you go around the house looking at things that need to be fixed, repaired or "spruced up." I noticed over the years that those things that caught my eye were a bit more time consuming for me to get done before the end of November (Thanksgiving in particular). I started to make a list but with an eye to do the time consuming jobs such as cleaning the gutters so they look new again or painting the kitchen in the winter or summer when we have more time. I would never have the time in the fall with all the after school and weekend activities.

That's been a big win for me. Last summer, I cleaned gutters and repainted the outdoor wood trim. I forgot about my 2019 with the coronavirus and all the changes happening here. I would like to go over the things that I'd like to see done but know I'd need dh's help with it. With just one child in school and still dealing with coronavirus, I doubt there will be much after school and weekend activities going on this fall.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What a great idea. I will have to look at things with fresh eyes once I get started. There is one piece of furniture, a desk, that I have had since I was 16 (I am at it now). I would dearly love for DH to revamp it a little. Maybe that could be my Christmas gift.
Thanks for sharing.