August Book a Month Challenge

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I just finished The Imperfectionists, by Tom Rachman. It is on many "Must Read" lists this summer, but honestly, I don't agree with the hype. It's OK, but not great and hardly a page-turner (which is what I really want for my summer reading!) Overall, I was disappointed.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm late to the party! I don't post a lot on Magical Forums (usually at Our Home for the Holidays), but a book a month would be a good challenge for me. I finished reading "Knit Two" (sequel to "The Friday Night Knitting Club") by Kate Jacobs, and it probably took me the better part of 3 months. My fear of reading is that I'll start a book that I can't put down; my other fear is that I'll start a book that I just don't like and don't want to pick up. :)

So currently, I'm reading "The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo" by Stieg Larsson. The jury is still out on this one, but I'm enjoying it so far. DD said it was "creepy", but I haven't come across the "creepiness" of it yet.

I enjoy seeing what others are reading, too. The first book I read by James Patterson, I ended up throwing in the garbage because I really thought it was horrible. Couldn't make myself pass it on. I've read at least one other one that wasn't so bad.