August Menu Plans 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Savory mince is ground beef that is cooked with peas, corn, carrots, onions (whatever you like really) added to it. It is then flavoured with gravox gravy powder (not sure if you have that) that thickens it and it becomes like a meat pie/shepherds pie filling. We serve it sometimes on toast or as as dish with mashed potatoes and extra veggies. I will try and find out what your version of gravox might be.
I take this mixture with the gravy to fill baked potatoes. I do make extra gavy to go over the top When serving. I always make extra potatoes and savory mince to put together and freeze.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I take this mixture with the gravy to fill baked potatoes. I do make extra gavy to go over the top When serving. I always make extra potatoes and savory mince to put together and freeze.
Diedra, do you make the gravy from a packet mix? If so what is it called?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Savory mince is ground beef that is cooked with peas, corn, carrots, onions (whatever you like really) added to it. It is then flavoured with gravox gravy powder (not sure if you have that) that thickens it and it becomes like a meat pie/shepherds pie filling. We serve it sometimes on toast or as as dish with mashed potatoes and extra veggies. I will try and find out what your version of gravox might be.
Ohhh! Sounds yummy! And great for DH ... Mr. Meat and Potatoes .... I could .... LOL ... puree some of the peas and carrots and he would never know! Yes, I do that sometimes for him!!!! I think over mashed taters would be lovely.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
August 23 – 29
  • Monday ~ Ground turkey (Costco) sandwiches; fresh tomatoes
  • Tuesday ~ BBQ roasted whole chicken; salad
  • Wednesday ~ Scuttlebutt’s (fish & chips)
  • Thursday ~ Steak; salad
  • Friday ~ TBD (Starbuck/visiting family)
  • Saturday ~ TBD (Starbuck/visiting family)
  • Sunday ~ TBD (Texas Rapids/camping with family)

Reactions: HouseElf and jampss

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
8/22 - 8/28
Sunday - Pork Loin, Meat Loaf, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Green Beans, Peas, 7-Layer Salad, Deviled Eggs, Rolls, Coca-Cola Cake, Blackberry Cobbler
Monday - Hamburgers and French Fries
Tuesday - Pulled Brisket, Baked Beans, Twice Baked Potatoes
Wednesday - Whatever You Can Find! Everyone is on their own.
Thursday - Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Friday - Grilled Chicken Sandwiches, Macaroni and Cheese
Saturday - Gumbo

Reactions: jampss

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Aug. 23 - 29, 2021
Monday -- spaghetti, garlic bread
Tuesday -- sloppy joes with bean salad and cole slaw
Wednesday -- dinner with widow's group (BBQ at an Irish club, go figure!)
Thursday -- chicken on grill, roasted sweet potato, salad or cole slaw
Friday -- pizza, salad
Saturday -- grilled chicken, veggie skewers, salad [at dock] OR dinner with sister & family
Sunday -- hot dogs on grill, roasted potatoes, sliced tomatoes [at dock] OR dinner with sister & family

Reactions: HouseElf and jampss