Authentic Irish Soda Bread - looking for the real thing.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
I posted this in the international section but thought it was best put here.

We have a pigroast every year and this our 10th annual (started in 1998). My husband is Cuban/Puerto Rican and we make very traditional dishes. I am a mutt having Irish/French/German/Italian/English to name a few, after searching out tree I came to find out that a great great great great grandmother was from Cuba and a Gt. Gt. Gt. Grandfather from Columbia. But no one old on my side will believe me LOL (naturally).

Well we for our Roast make Irish stew but with Venison, we have 3 brothers who come and are close with dh, they are all Irish. They love the Venison Irish Stew. Last year we wanted to make Irish Soda Bread but I couldn't find a recipe and once I did it was just hectic I couldn't do it.

I am looking for someone who is Irish that has a recipe that they can hand down for this very special occasion. Or if someone has tried a recipe from online and likes it could you share it with me.

We are very easy going and are very traditional and don't want to loose the old ways or the old recipes from our many different cultures during this time of year.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can all give!!!
:skate: