Autumn

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snowgoose

MHH Member
Is anyone else having sneaky thoughts about autumn? It's so dismal here that it feels like much later in the year and I have a craving for all those wonderful rich autumn colours to cheer everywhere up a bit. Might work on my autumn pinkeep this afternoon as well as knitting and family history.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ah yes, can't wait for Fall! Nice temps, colors, already thinking of takine some days off for myself in Fall :)

In fact, on my Pinterest, go see my 'Fall' board... I love pinning on that board. I want to print out that board and put it on a real cork board just to look at it .. I love everything about Fall.

Darn, can't post the link from the office. I'll try to post it tonight.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Just yesterday, I told my DDIL it felt like early fall outside with all the rain we are getting and the cooler than normal temperatures. I love fall colors and decorations!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Lucie, I'd love to see your board. Link Please.

SnowQueen, if you are not already a member of Pinterest you need to be invited by a member. I'll invite you but I need your email address. Then you too will be a member. Warning it can consume hours of your time ewwing and ahhhing all the wonderful ideas. LOL

For a wonderful Autumn high just walk through the doors of Hobby Lobby. OMG, the smell of cinnamon, vanilla and pumkin pie hit you like a wave. It's just amazing.

I started to just decorated each room for fall as I deep clean and declutter but everyone says it's still July and Autumn isn't until Sept. 22. Dang, I always thought Autumn/Fall began on August 1st. LOL Who cares if it's 100º outside, my Autumn starts early.

Hold on! Be right back.

Okay, I got it. I set a pot of water on the stove with cinnamon and vanilla. Once it hit a rolling boil I poured it into my mini crock to keep the warm and wonderful smell wafting throughout the house today. See, you have have Autumn any time you want it. LOL

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
I love you guys! I think the hotter it gets the more I long for fall. On damp overcast days like today, I really long for fall. I agree, ejango, about taking a trip to Hobby Lobby. It always does the trick. And, although I don't buy much, I love how QVC is doing the wear now wear later. They are supposed to do it all day on Monday. They are also doing it in fashion magazines this month.

I love the idea of the mini crockpot with the scents. I usually have plug-ins at work and at home but a co-worker and my younger dd has asthma and it seems to bother them, so I definitely will try using that instead. Plus it's a cheaper option and less work than using the all natural candles on the candle warmer.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
thanks. i cant wait for fall. im tired of these 100 degree days. went to yankee candle they have their fall scents out yummy. we have apple stuff out at cracker barrel. the colors and cool dayas cant wait.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Ejagno - My fall starts on day one of the Washington Redskin's training camp. I usually put my fall wreath up that day too! It makes everyone think I'm crazy but that's okay because I love fall!

Hobby Lobby is such a wonderful step into fall and Christmas right now. I love to just go stroll through the aisles.

Yes, thinking of fall makes me happy.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
For me fall is September 1st... don,t care what others say. Never thought of using my mini-crockpot for that! why not? I never use it. Thanks for the idea.

http://pinterest.com/MsLucie/

I think this should work but I can't try it at work it's blocked. If it doesn't work I'll do it from home tonight.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
It worked, Lucie! Thanks!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks for telling me Kim :) For those interested I have tons of boards & pins on there... so many things on the web that are incredible.

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
I too love fall. Not only the colors and the cooler temps, but there is just something about the feeling.

I like the mini crock pot idea as well.

I have the automatic air freshners in my bathroom and in my livingroom and I love when they come out with the fall scents.

snowgoose

MHH Member
Lucie, you have some wonderful images on pinterest - must admit that I don't know a great deal about it other than knowing that it exists. I plan to look at some of your other pinboards too when I have a little spare time.
I envy you in the US having HollyLobby and Michaels etc - I love going in these stores when I'm in the US but there's nothing like them in the UK, or if there is I've not found them. I try always to come to the US in the Fall as I love seeing all the outdoor decorations that people have, I stay with a friend in New England so probably see a good deal more than most visitors. I brought home a lovely apple wreath a few years ago that I always put up on my front door on September 1st - I'm another one who counts autumn from that date:)

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
First of all, it's all Rowan's fault with this "Autumn" thread. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I didn't get a single task that I'd planned for today done. I was feeling like a caged animal after several consecutive days of 13+" of rain so I escaped. I went to every single craft department in this city. I came home and made a precious "Autumn" wreath using the fall colors of tulle with the large hand painted initial in the center.

There, I caved to impulse instead of doing my household tasks. LOL I'm a baaaaad girl today but I enjoyed every second.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Good for you, Ejagno. I have 2 fall wreaths I need to re-do. I was looking at them when I was working in the storage shed.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
This might be the first year since we lived in this area of the US that I'm looking forward to fall. lol

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
I have requested a couple of times to pinterest to be a member. I always get the welcome note telling me I will hear soon, but then nothing. could someone invite me please!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I have been thinking about autumn since spring. I love autumn. It is my favorite season which is surprising as I'm a summer baby. LOL

Especially on those days when it's scorching hot out, I think of crisp mornings, the colorful leaves, and the pretty blue skies with the white puffy clouds. SIGH!!!

Edited to add: I too have a mini crockpot I could use. I usally do mine on the stove but the pot is so much better. Thanks for the tip Ejagno. I've heard a lot about pintrest. Maybe I will join. My cousin is always posting things on facebook from pintrest.

Last edited: