Autumn

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
ejagno - I signed up for pinterest awhile ago, but I don't know how to go to someones boards if I don't get their links like everyone has been doing on here. I do spend a lot more time on there than I should but I have found a lot of useful things to pin.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
ejagno - You are officially a genius with the mini crockpot idea!!! :) I am soooo doing that when I get home!

Temps are in the 100s again this week and I am going to compensate with A/C and fall scents!

Autumn is my favorite season and it starts Sept 1st as far as I am concerned as well! I always put up my fall decor that day.

I'm trying to get together supplies to make a pretty new fall wreath for the front door. I have a new Halloween wreath planned for this year too!

Here is a link to my Autumn pinterest board...

http://pinterest.com/klinkj0806/autumn/

I'm thinking we may need to start another thread for everyone to either share their pinterest links or to ask for invites as needed. What do you guys think? What area of the site should that thread go in? Front Page News?

snowgoose

MHH Member
Sounds like a good idea - would like an invite to Pinterest even though I've no idea how it works. I'm willing to learn though:) Lots more lovely autumn pics on your board. Think I'd need a Masterclass as well as an invite:):)

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I just completed another Autumn wreath. It came out beautiful. I tell you the a/c and fall scents do the trick........as long as you stay indoors. LOL We aren't blessed with the beautiful fall season that most of you have. I see the pictures people post on the net and dream of one day taking a vacation just to see the vivid colors of the season. We go from summer to winter (below 70º for Cajuns). Our trees and grass literally go from green to brown in late December. The normal Autumn season is just plain hot, humid and wet in these parts. Actually, it's our prime time "Hurricane Season" so somewhat stressful around the edges at times.

I'm hoping to get my craft room shelving soon so I can get that area cleaned up and resume work on a precious pumpkin carousel I started last year. You simply cut a fake pumpkin in half. Use clear cake divider posts to make the poles on your carousel. Add moss to the white cut parts of the pumpkin. I made cutouts out of thick black mat board and made little witches riding a broom for each post. Under the bottom layer of moss I added white lights. It started out as a cute Halloween decoration for the grandkids room but I love it too much to leave in the hands of a 2 and 3 year old. LOL I can't wait to finish it this year.

Last edited:

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Okay, I got it. I set a pot of water on the stove with cinnamon and vanilla. Once it hit a rolling boil I poured it into my mini crock to keep the warm and wonderful smell wafting throughout the house today. LOL

I haven't done this in a while, but when I was at home with the kids used to do it daily.

I will have try this again on Saturdays and Sundays.

~Farmerswife

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
As i am looking forward to fall as well cooler temps will be great but,this will be my first fall living on the mass-vermont border and i'm surrounded by mountians they say it gets beautiful.I'll be doing up my new home in the beauty that is here i'm getting excited already.:thanksgiving:

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Lucie, if I knew how to post a picture on here I'd gladly do it when it's finished. I have to see if I can post it on Facebook or Pinterest.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Now I'm dreaming of pumpkin spice, amber, deep browns, crushing leaves, wind.... Ok..I've got to stop!

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Due to the weather outside, I feel a little bit like fall already. At the moment it feels like September: still sunny and warm, but not hot...
You need a jacket in the morning when you go out and during nights you feel more comfortable with a thin blanket.

But viewed realistically I think we will have further heatwaves here. We already had one and it was terrible for me. Last year we got the last one by the middle of August.
So let's see what will come up next :)

Chilli

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Chilli can you send some of those cool temps my way? :) It's an oven here in Maryland. Yesterday the temps reached between 104 - 107.

I turned my thermostat down to 70 yesterday and when I went to bed it was still a stifling 80 degrees in my apartment. But it was nice and cold by the time I got up this morning.

For me autumn can't get here fast enough.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
yes i cant wait for autumn . i dont like theses 100 degree days. going to go to hobby lobby see what the have out for fall.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
"evocative words"..I love it!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Yesterday while taking DD19 to turn in her job applications, there was a sweet gum tree that had already turned fall colors. There has to be something wrong with it, but I wanted to stop and hug it! Just the promise of fall is refreshing.

I hate that so many of you are having the heat we had the last two summer. This one is much milder, for which I am very thankful. I hope we have a cold winter this year.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Fall is my favorite season - aside from Christmas, of course! I love the changing leaves, cooler temps, wearing a jacket, new school supplies (LOL!) and FOOTBALL!

It's been in the high 90's, so I'm hoping the rain we're expecting tonight will usher in some cooler temps. All of this talk of autumn makes me want to take out my halloween magazines & NB!

Lucie and Aunt Jamelle - I love your boards! I can't wait to spend some more time with them! Pinterest is a bit of a Pandora's Box for me...I could easily see myself getting lost for hours!