Baby Shower Ideas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I am hosting a small baby shower next week: about 10 adults and 5-8 little kids age 4-10:

For favors I was thinking:
Wedding Bubbles (I tied yellow ribbon around them)
Pastel chocolates (Yeah for Easter Candy!!) either wrapped or M&Ms in baby food jars.
Seed packet- with a label about nuturing love: (Will use Baby Breaths or maybe turn it into a game: Do you think it will be a boy or girl? If think boy get Johhny Jump Up seed packet or if girl- Black Eyed Susans. Depends on what I find at store.

Food:
Spinach Dip
Salsa & Tortillas
Salami and Cream Cheese
Cookie Cake
Vegetable Tray

For a 2pm shower is this enough food?

Games- besides the seed packet- what are fun easy games for a small crowd or do no games?

Thanks!!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
You have some cute ideas! I think games depend on your crowd. Some guests love them, others hate them. Lately, we've been setting a timer and if it goes off while the guest of honor is opening your gift you get a prize.

You could also have your guests write down a bit of advice for the new mom in a journal or on cards.

Enjoy your shower! :heartbeat:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I agree about the games - it depends. I hosted a baby shower for my DSIL a year ago and she really wanted a game. Maybe ask the guest of honor what she wants.

I like the idea about the different seeds depending on their prediction!

The game we played was everyone was given a blank bingo grid and filled the names of baby items in each space (bib, rattle, diapers, car seat, etc). As she opened the gifts, the guests could mark off anything on their bingo card that she received. As soon as someone got bingo, they won a prize (if someone didn't get a bingo, I was going to give the prizes to the people with the most filled in.

Good luck!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm a game hater but I'd go with what mommy-to-be would like.

That's enough food. You've got it covered very well. I like the candy in the baby food jars too.

If you have someone who could take a photo of mtb and each guest with the gift they gave, those photos would make a nice shower album.