Baby Thank You Cards

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Okay, so I'm a total slacker mom and have not gotten around to sending thank you cards for my shower gifts yet. My little girl is 5 months and I want to do something to say thanks, but this late in the game I'm not sure how to do it with out looking funny.

I was thinking about doing picture thank you cards (from snapfish or winkflash) and then including a little update letter written from DD's perspective.

What do you think? Or am I just too late and look ungrateful already?

~Laney

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
It's never too late and people understand what a busy time that is! Picture photo cards sound really cute - plus it looks kind of like you had a plan. You delayed sending thank yous so that you could include a picture of your adorable daughter.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Picture thank you cards are awesome. :love:

The letter written from her perspective is something I'm not a fan of. A friend of mine did that with their holiday letters with her 1 year old and I didn't read much beyond the first line. It was too cutesy and didn't really tell me anything.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I agree! A picture is a great idea!

Congratulations on your baby girl!

Lisa

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Yes, a picture thank you card would be a gift worth waiting for! And congrats from me, too!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
It's not too late, and pictures are great to send along. I did not send out thankyous until oldest dd was 6 months old. Only because I did want to include pictures to certain people.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
So true, it is never to late to say Thanks. Go for the photo, everyone loves baby pictures.

The cutest photo I've seen of a baby was a naked baby in a large glass salad bowl. Very cute. It might sound strange but it's one of those "you have to see it" things.

This isn't it because the one I saw was a clear glass bowl that actually held the whole baby but this is cute too:
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~ds/grecian1.jpg

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Oh yay! It is so good to hear that it isn't too late. I really didn't want to seem ungrateful, but time just always seems to slip by too fast. I'm going to get on it and order the picture cards so that I can get them here and then mailed out by the end of the month.

It will just have to be my priority!!!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I agree, people will think they were delayed in order to include the photos. I don't think its ever too late to send a thank you. I mean, sooner is better than later, but I'd be happy to get a thank you a year late than not to get one at all. People know that you've been busy with a new baby.