Back to Monday, July 20th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
It is Monday a.m. and like Katrina says the work days mostly seem to last and then when home in evening to do stuff---WHAM time for bed to start over.

Wearing a skirt that I forgot I had so that will be something different.

Have leftovers from supper so that will be dinner.

Hoping to clean kids bath and pick up in Teigans room. Wanted to do that last week Thurs. or Friday but......

Then hoping to make the Snickerdoodle zucchini bread Lisa talked about. Try to get some zucchini bread to put in the freezer.

Today most of the stores are requiring mask to be worn. Several have had it pasted to wear one but now mandating it. Others stores will start by month end.

Chance of rain I think everyday this week and in 90s. Heard thunder last night but was to the north of us.

A co-worker is coming back today from being off 12 days and having her first grandchild.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

Allen went to feed fish and we had 9/10th" of rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We sleep with fan on so didn't hear it.

Last edited:

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good morning!

Back to Monday, let's hope it's not a Manic Monday. Two more days in the Executive Director's office and then I'm back to my engineering peeps. Slept well, up early, and time for a little computer check-in before it's time to head to the shower. Finished up my marathon cook-fest this weekend and now there is Lamb Korma, Pulled Pork, roasted potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, and pitted cherries in the fridge. Christmas inventory is complete, just need to bring the totes into the spot in the closet I have cleared for them.

60 degrees at 4:45am, high of 83 today - have a great day everyone!

Reactions: teachermomof2

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Morning! Another hot and humid day here. got up at 7:00 and did my walk.. too late to walk, already hot. DH made pancakes in the gazebo (on a small burner) for breakfast.
Need to pick up and prep stuff for tomorrow, we will go to town to see my parents... problem is the dog... we'll try to figure something out.

106529699_3450997101578717_36294876397880863_n.png

Reactions: Tess and PamelaG

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
good morning . yes here calling for rain every day but suppose to be 100 almost every day. yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! washed a load of clothes and saprayed off the back porch this morning. grandson coming over at lunchtime to spend the night. hope everyone has a good day

Reactions: PamelaG

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day Lana, Pamela, Lucie, HW2 and all who follow. It's already 80 here supposed to be in 90's.

Not sure what's going on. My phone or the board one is acting up on me. This is the third time I tried to comment. I rebooted my phone hopefully it will work now.

I am tired today. Hoping for a quiet peaceful day. Going to be a go with the flow day.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Supposed to hit 40 here with humidity. Baking bread (finally found whole wheat flour after 5 months!) and making baked beans for supper.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Reactions: PamelaG and luludou

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am heading outside before it get to warm to work in a garden bed. To buggy if out to early so it hard to find the right time. Once that is done I have a couple of things I want to do on the porch. Then I will either sew of go to Menards with a list so we can finish up some other projects outside.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

DH is off to work and i'm watering the yard with the sprinkler. I'll go turn it off shortly. It was sprinkling when I was out there and looks like it might keep raining, but rain is fickle here so I left the sprinkler running. Our yard needs lots of water to get nice and green once again. Once I get done making my rounds, i'll do some last minute studying. My objective assessment is at 9:30 this morning. I guess i'll just sit at the table with my laptop and camera because the front room is a hot mess right now. I need to tackle it later this week.

After my test, I will run to the store and pick up a few things and then later this afternoon I have to take DD up to Schofield to get a new ID card as hers is expired. I want to stop by Greenworld coffee and see if they have a couple flavored coffees I saw on their website: Snickerdoodle and Cinnamon Snowflake. I need to set out hamburger for dinner, I think it's Meatloaf night.

Lana- I still need to look up this Snickerdoodle zucchini bread, i'm not sure my kids would approve though. LOL They are purists.
Pamela- Wow, you're eating well this week! Great job!
Lucie- Pancakes in the gazebo sounds so fancy!
Faye- Have fun with the DGS!
Tricia- Catch a nap later!
FS- Yum, homemade bread! Someone mentioned beer bread yesterday somewhere and now it's on my radar to make.
Jody- I love Menards! Miss that place. I told my friends they had to go there when they moved to Missouri and now they love it too. haha

Enjoy your day!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have reorganized my armoire and got rid of a few clothes items. doing laundry. Had a few odds and ends to do - done. Posted on my blog too. filed the papers in my nightstand.

LUnch and dishes are done. right now it's gray so I think I'll go see if I can nap outside but I hear someone banging somewhere.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello all! Really hot today! 95* now and feels like 103*.

Barely slept last night so I am not at the top of my game today. I straightened some craft stuff, did laundry and am working on getting stuff together for my Covid scrapbooking.

I may make a bread later to bring to the friend I will be having lunch with tomorrow.

Lana- enjoy baking
Pamela- which job do you prefer - the one your doing now or your usual one?
Lucie- since you're on vacation (right?) take it easy
Faye- enjoy your afternoon with DGS
Tricia- stay cool
FS- good decision about the home schooling
Jody- which projects will you be working on?
Jess - when do you find our about how the assessment went?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Hello all! Really hot today! 95* now and feels like 103*.

Barely slept last night so I am not at the top of my game today. I straightened some craft stuff, did laundry and am working on getting stuff together for my Covid scrapbooking.

I may make a bread later to bring to the friend I will be having lunch with tomorrow.

Lana- enjoy baking
Lucie- since you're on vacation (right?) take it easy
Faye- enjoy your afternoon with DGS
Tricia- stay cool
FS- good decision about the home schooling
Jess - when do you find our about how the assessment went?
I'll have my score immediately after i'm finished as it's a computer graded assessment. Sorry you didn't sleep last night. Try to get a nap later!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
We want to put wooden screen doors on the house and build a deck across the back stoop. The stoop is to low for me to keep stepping that high up. I already have a 4" wood stoop add and it still a big step. There are lots of ideas with how wide and big we could go but I think we will keep it simple and just make it a little bigger that what is there now.
I also have one more side of the garage to finish. It's been to hot to spend to much time out there. There is stuff that is to go" out the door" in there and just found out the Goodwill store is open now. So a trip in that direction is planned as well. DS and DD both have broken electronic in the garage too so I will get that where it need to go also.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
we FINALLY dropped off the changing table at the charity shop (been in the garage for at least a few months), and the knick-knacks I had put in a bag yesterday. took ds's work truck to be left at the garage for a complete wash & tune up during vacations.

HOT, STICKY, HUMID, yuck! at least there is wind.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good afternoon! It's 88 here, real feel of 90*. It's hot!

It's been a busy day. Talked to my bff about shields for our teacher desks, so she ordered me one with her order so we could get free shipping and a discount. Then I got ready in exercise clothes to do my 2 miles with M and Leslie, so I can check that off for today. Then I dusted the main living area, vac'd everything including the back porch, swiffered the kitchen/dining and the bathrooms, and did a bunch of other chores.

I just showered and am waiting for my hair to dry a bit before I use the hair dryer. My hair really holds water and takes forever to dry. Before I know it, it will be time to make dinner.

Our cousin and her 4 yo are stopping to say hi today after visiting her mom. It will be nice to see them!

Have a blessed day! Stay cool, stay safe!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Snickerdoodle and Cinnamon Snowflake
Be still my heart, those sound like amazing flavors!

Reactions: MrsSoup

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
It's so hard to answer! This is the job I had before Vic and I moved back to Virginia in 2016 - I love the Executive Director, he is the most amazing man to work for and we have such a great connection. It's like he doesn't need to tell me he needs something, I know what to do, and he's so appreciative of my initiative. But I love my engineering fellas, they are a little more rough and ready but also so great to work for. When I came back to work in Washington, I got the job in engineering and then the Executive Director's EA got a promotion and the spot was open. I was so torn, I really wanted to apply but I also was really enjoying my new opportunity. It would have been a lateral move, so I stayed where I was. I do love the opportunity to sit in here though, it's a whole different arena and the change every once in a while is refreshing. I was dreading it in the beginning, not knowing how COVID-19 has affected the workload but it's good, still pretty much the same pace. Golly, that was a LONG answer!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Be still my heart, those sound like amazing flavors!
I'll let you know!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
I still haven't taken my test. :rolleyes: I am not impressed with the new proctoring company that WGU switched to. The person I had was rude and unhelpful to say the least. I couldn't get sound to work and all they said was "I don't know", didn't try to help me troubleshoot or anything. At one point they told me to leave the meeting and come back in. I left the meeting and there was no way to get back in. I ended up calling their support and they said I should have an email with a link. The proctor didn't say anything to me about it before telling me to log out and come back in. Beyond irritating. I finally said I would just reschedule and left. Then I called WGU IT and talked to an amazing man that helped me figure it out. Took quite some time but there is something with my computer, probably from a most recent Windows update, so i'll have to use DH's computer which we made sure worked. I rescheduled my test for noon. Now i'm going to have to rush because DD has an ID card appointment.

My head feels like it's going to explode so I just took some Ibuprofen and i'm having a snack. I really hope I pass so I don't have to do this again. Oy!

• Angry

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning,
Day 2 of the work week and the last day of the work week for me, the joys of working part time.
There will be more changes today as returning physio is still sending through demands. I hope that there is an end to it soon as most of her demands fall on admin to implement.
Got a little bit of craft done last night when I got home so will try and do that again tonight, little steps but inching closer to getting the hiuge list I have set for myself completed.
It got below zero last night so will go out and scrape the car and head off.

I hope that all who are struggling get relief soon, I am thinking of you all.
XOXO