Baking Section

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I thought I'd post a bit about the baking section because this really helped me last year. And I am doing it again this year.

In my baking section I start with a couple pages that list the cookies and candy that I will be making for the current holiday season. These pages list the recipe name, where the recipe is located (cookbook or one of my notebook) and the page number. There is also a little check box to check off when I have added the ingredients to the master ingredients list.

After that I usually try to copy (if they are in a cookbook or if they are already in a notebook I transfer them to this one) all the recipes for the current season. That way when I'm baking I only have to grab the Christmas notebook....no searching and no putting away a dozen cookbooks afterwards.

Then I have the master ingredients list that I create from the recipes....Each week I look at the list before going shopping and pick one or two or three or whatever the budget allows things to buy that week. By stock piling these items I divide the expense over weeks instead of a huge exspensive trip right before baking candy making.

AFTER CHRISTMAS...I clean this section out and start again with clean copies of Baking/Candy List...so as I see a recipe and decide to use it ...I can jot it down!

:smilegifts: