Battery operated outdoor lights?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kristen

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
:globe: Does anyone know of a brand of lights that can be used to decorate outside, but are bright and run on batteries?

We do not have an electrical outlet outside and I was wondering if anyone uses or knows of lights that run on battieries for outdoor use.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Kristen-I've never used any battery operated lights outside, so I don't know how they would hold up. Wal-Mart has some, but as I said, I don't know how they would last outside. It's early enough that you might could get a string of clear ones and put them on a wreath or something to test them and see how they do. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
I'm really thinking about trying the solar powered out door lights. They can be kind of spendy but then again you are not paying for the power. I've seen them on QVC. I live in a older home and we have just one outlet in the very back of the house from a remodel someone did a long time ago.

santashelper

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NS,CAN.
I think I am going to get the solar outdoor Christmas lights too. They are pricey at $25 dollars a box, but we don't have an outdoor outlet either and I WANT outdoor lights. There is nothing sadder than an undecorated house at Christmas.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I would love to find some solar outdoor Christmas lights, we have a good deal of sunny winter days here... are they also LED?

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
I saw some solar lights at Target last week in the aisle with accessories like wreath door hangers and such. I didn't even know they existed! I don't remember if they were LED or not. Good luck finding something for outside- we paid extra when our house was built to have outlets just around the corner on both sides of our house so I could do outside lights! I love the idea of not needing to rely on an outlet!!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
house was built to have outlets just around the corner on both sides of our house so I could do outside lights

That is the best idea I think I ever heard! Will have to bug DH now :grin: