Best Finds/Bargains - Christmas 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hey, everyone. I thought I would start a thread to share where we're finding good deals for Christmas this year. I know many of us shop ahead, but others of us do it closer to Christmas. If you find a good deal or just something you think others might be interested in knowing about, share it here, then we can all have a chance to know when and where!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My find was gift bags at the Dollar Tree. Even though they were still $1 each, I loved the designs they had to choose from, and I know they won't have them after Christmas.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
So far... my faves have been 40% off XBox Live - well technically I have no bought it yet- it goes on sale this Wednesday. Its advertised at one of our supermarkets in the specials for the week. Luke has had an Xbox one coming on 2 years now and I have never, ever seen the live membership reduced. I will pick up a couple and keep one for his birthday. And some lovely Christmas tissue paper that scanned at end of season reduced price- rather than new season. Thought it was lovely for $1 but how delighted was I when it scanned at 20c each pack of 10 sheets. I bought all they had.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am not sure how much of a bargain it is but I got a catalog in the mail that has retro items Web address is www.BettysAttic.com. I know that some of the men are difficult to buy for so may a little nostalgic.

Reactions: Minta

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My find was gift bags at the Dollar Tree. Even though they were still $1 each, I loved the designs they had to choose from, and I know they won't have them after Christmas.

I've been pleasantly surprised with their large Christmas gift bags in the past. I haven't seen them for $1 any place else.

Also, sometimes they carry the Scotch Tape Pop-Up Dispenser Refills. I saw it a few years back but not recently.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I went to Trader Joe's today and asked to purchase their winter designed paper bags needed forty and they Gave them to me. Mom needs them to use as gift bags for bathrobes she got everyone. A bargain = Free!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Walmart is having some great Black Friday deals: https://bestblackfriday.com/ads/walmart-black-friday#ad_view

H would like a bigger tv for his dorm room. We may have to head out on Thanksgiving night.

I looked at it today while I was eating lunch. Last year, we ate Thanksgiving on Wednesday because DD24 and DSIL were going to his mom's. I think we're going to have to do it again this year. Then, we were able to shop on Thursday afternoon without having to rush through our meal. It's not why we did it that way...to shop on Thanksgiving, but it was nice.

Hope you land the bargain TV.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went to Dollar Tree to pick up a few large gift bags while I could still choose styles. I also picked up small gift bags that were 3 for $1. They were harder to find in the store I visited. They were hanging on the corners at the end of the aisles. I also noticed green paper doilies and red paper doilies for dressing up platters at corner ends. They have lots of ornaments that are nice for dressing up packages if you are into that kind of thing.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hobby Lobby has all Christmas stuff for 50% off. Thanksgiving is 90% off!!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We don't have any of these stores. LOL No Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree, Trader Joes.... :(

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Went to Hobby Lobby on Saturday and bought quite a bit from the 50% sales! Got wrapping paper, bows, and a couple of really cool tins - deep ones! with clear windows in the lids.

Also got a set of Christmas paper goods - plates/napkins - that will make a gift for a girlfriend. I'll attach a note "Our gift to you - less dishes to do!"

Got some metallic slime for DS's stocking using my 40% coupon.

Also got some cellophane food bags in holiday prints and some Christmas theme cupcake liners.

Hobby Lobby only goes to 50% off the day after Christmas so this will save me a trip out there that day! And there is better selection right now anyway!

I did some BF shopping at Meijer too. Got great deals on things for our adopted family! And a few things for DS as well!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Ikea had their Christmas at 30% off and it looked so picked over it was like after Christmas. I got 2 packages of tealight candles that DH can put in my stocking.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Best finds on Cyber Monday were not bargains. I found a different looking Elf and a Moose at one of our local gift shops. Both were just perfect for our house so I didn't mind the price.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Amazon has the Fire Tablets for about $20 off each today. I got Eli a Fire 7 Tablet for $29.99, originally $49.99.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Oh Mrs. Soup, that is a good price. It's a nice tablet too. He will really like it.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I just saw that Sunday, 3 December 2017 only, Lands' End is offering 50% off their outerwear only!