Black, red, Bubble or Up-side down tree?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Today I was looking at a distance at the corner fireplace and it's mantle thinking about Christmas. I was thinking a small tree up on top would look really nice reflected in the mirrors I have on the walls above the fireplace. Then it dawns on me what it needs this year.

Yep, one of those crazy upside down Christmas trees would be perfect for that space!! I decided I can make one out of a tomato cage. I can either make a stand for it or hang it from the ceiling. Of course I have no idea of how to decorate it but even if I fill it with just lights it would look nice for this year.

I started searching the internet for ideas when I happened on this site with lots of different types of trees. I'd love to see one of those bubble trees in person. And I certainly have never seen a black tree but decorated right it would be very different.

http://collectibles.about.com/od/holidaycollectin1/tp/Pick-the-Right-Christmas-Tree.htm

You Tube part 2 decorating an upside down tree
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRf-nq8Sk_k&feature=related

welshbabe

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Well you just sidetracked me to go off looking at trees!!!!

Being from UK never even heard of bubble trees but they'd probably be like the fibre optic ones we get - so don't need any decorations really.

Looking at the upside down ones - even though beautifully decorated - just don't seem right to me and I could never have one. Read that its a traditional idea but all the info I've read on Xmas trees has never mentioned it - unless you know better.

Always had green but could perhaps do silver, pink or gold - but not black.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I love those upside down trees..how fun. If I'd had the energy and the time when my boys were babies, that's what we would have had! Very pretty, and the video had great tips on decorating any tree...I liked the diamond pattern idea for placing bows, and cutting the beaded garland into managable pieces is a good idea, too.

I would love to do a black tree. Black and white and silver. Gorgeous, but clearly not for everyone.

Thanks for sharing! That was fun!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thanks for sharing! Those trees are neat. I love the red tree. :grin: Red is my favorite color, though.

Very cool!

Lisa

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Wow, that would surprise me. :frosty: Not your traditional Fraser Fir! Never heard of a bubble tree before!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
This remind me, when I was little I went to a friend of my parents house. They were an older couple and didn't want to mess with a tree. So they hung ornaments from the ceiling (i'm assuming w/ fishing thread) and they formed the shape of a tree. Just like decorating a tree, but without the tree. I thought that was the funniest thing I'd ever seen...till these came along. :package:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmas is so so so big -- there is room for all kinds of trees. I would love to see them all! Remember - we don't have to do everything ourselves! We can really enjoy other peoples' creations!