Boo Kits

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
The "BOO" sets woukd be great to work on on Great Pumpkin Day. Two years ago, there seemed to be a lot appearing on doors in our neighborhood. Last year, I don't think I saw any. They are sweet. I was very touched to have been "BOO'D" two years ago. I really want to be organized enough to do some this year.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I have 'Look for ideas for Boo-ing' down on my GPDay list! Last year, I noticed that some people in our neighborhood weren't hanging up their 'we've been booed' signs on their doors and windows, and then getting booed multiple times (it's none of my business, and it shouldn't bug me, but it did!). So this year, I might just secretly give several neighbors baskets of treats and not ask them to hang up a sign or give anything to others. That way, I won't feel as if they're cheating ;-) if they don't hang up their signs ::eek:rnament:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
OK call me dumb or what ever you please but what is booing and what are boo kits????

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Being Boo-ed is like being elfed. You secretly have to get a sign up on so many peoples door and deliver a little somethng to them with some of the signs. A couple of years ago I was booed. That is how it is in my area.
Lana

My area didn't do any "booing" so I am starting it myself this year!!! I planned on hitting my kids teachers and some of the school families we know. My street is full of people not interested in traditional "family" fun!!! Oh Well!!!

Lana said:
Change the street!!!!!! LOL

I wish...lol My neighbor is a real meanie. Him and his wife like to camp out in their driveway/garage and stare at everyone all day. When I first moved in with my dad they would see me pull up in my van and stand in their driveway facing our driveway like they were staring me down.

Once my kids hit the ball over the fence into their yard(they don't have a front fence, just our side fence borders their property). Well my kids were taught to knock on people's door before entering their yard. Well they said they told him they hit their ball in his yard and he told them to leave it there and wouldn't get it or let them get it. They came in the house all upset so I went in his yard and grabbed the ball. I mean my kids are trying to do the right thing and he has to be like that??? I can't imagine treating kids that way, especially those trying to b respectful.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmascreations, I am so sorry about those mean neighbors who live next door. Some people act horrible and yet think they are totally justified. They can be shockingly rude (as those neighbors were to your children) and yet somehow think they are reasonable people. It is almost as if they live in an alternate universe!!!!

They may live next door, but we are your REAL neighbors here!!! And WE think your family is great!!!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
christmascreations said:
Lana said:
Change the street!!!!!! LOL

I wish...lol My neighbor is a real meanie. Him and his wife like to camp out in their driveway/garage and stare at everyone all day. When I first moved in with my dad they would see me pull up in my van and stand in their driveway facing our driveway like they were staring me down.

Once my kids hit the ball over the fence into their yard(they don't have a front fence, just our side fence borders their property). Well my kids were taught to knock on people's door before entering their yard. Well they said they told him they hit their ball in his yard and he told them to leave it there and wouldn't get it or let them get it. They came in the house all upset so I went in his yard and grabbed the ball. I mean my kids are trying to do the right thing and he has to be like that??? I can't imagine treating kids that way, especially those trying to b respectful.

I wouldn't of been so mad. Probably would have went after the kids ball too while shooting darting looks at his house daring him to say a word. There are too many kids in this world not being taught manners and how to do the right thing then your boys try to be respectful & he acts like that. Sorry for the rant.

Thank you SparkleNana, Lana, and girlsinmo!!! I think of you gals/guys as family more than neighbors. We all share our deepest, most passionate feelings, thoughts, and ideas around here!!! Nothing more reliable than family and everyone here at MHH are my most reliables!!!