Brown/ Cream and Gold as a colour scheme?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

mummysnowflake2614

Retire Member
Jul 2, 2008
Nr Swansea in south wales, uk
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone had decorated in these colours before?

My living room is cream, wooden flooring, and chocolate brown so I was thinking I might make my christmas colour scheme the same as every year I tend to do red/gold and green and it never quite ties in.

If anyone could give me any ideas Id be very grateful,

Many thanks
x

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We have a set of decor items that colour :)

We have a wide chocolate colour satin ribbon, cream faux poinsettia flowers (think instead of bows), and decorative glass balls in shades of gold to copper - some matte, gloss and glitter. Our topper is a gold spire.

I would like to place the tree bottom in a large weaved wicker sleeve - something I did not get to last year.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Love that idea! I saw a great set of ornaments on CIJ on QVC in those colors.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I think it sounds very pretty. You could use clear glass ornaments as well as the brown and cream to break it up a bit. You could even coordinate your wrapping paper for gifts under the tree - cream paper with brown or gold ribbons would look so lovely! Let us know what you decide.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Those are my dream colors.

mummysnowflake2614

Retire Member
Jul 2, 2008
I think I will be going for these colours.

I did see a lovely picture of white pillar candles (think church alter candles) and then glass containers with coloured baubles in them, all huddled together in various sizes. Looked very pretty.

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-425...as-decorations-with-brightly-lit-candles.html

So I think this may be my colour combination this year.

Last year we were very hard up for money so we brought a little 3ft tree (I nearly cried when it was out of the box because it was so small ) but a tree is a tree, this year I will be getting a new tree - Ive started saving

but we have a small landing in the hallway that I am going to put the 3ft one on and Ben (my son) wants to decorate the hallway in white and red.

Im thinking under tree wrapping will either be coordinated or we tend to do present hunts - which is in the kids and my partners stockings I put a piece of wrapping paper that matches all their gifts so for example my little girl might get pink or winnie the pooh, my son might have Ben 10 or spongebob and my partner something else ~ well I think I will do brown, gold and a pattern if I can find them and give them one each.

I have seen a nice wrapping that is brown paper with the recipients initial on it which I think I will do for other family members

http://budgetdecorating.about.com/od/HolidayDecorating/ss/Creative-Gift-Wrapping-Ideas_10.htm

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
beautiful colors

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
That candle grouping looks very pretty! And, I love your idea of assigning wrapping paper and giving them a piece of the paper in their stocking. What fun! I hope you'll post pictures when you get your new tree!

mummysnowflake2614

Retire Member
Jul 2, 2008
I will do.

3ft although it did the trick - I like a proper Christmas tree that towers over me in all its festive glory.....

The wrapping paper we started a few years ago as a bit of fun on Christmas morning. Holly will perhaps have her pink one as she is still not quite big enough to get it - or perhaps maybe even she'll have ribbon on her presents instead with the brown/cream and gold theme being for Owen and Ben.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My DDIL does those color and it is beautiful! I think it would look good with occasional accents of that lime greenish color that is being used now or with pinks.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Sounds lovely! I'm seeing one of two schemes:

1. Brown & copper ornaments, with a cream streamer and white lights.

2. Brown with a cream streamer with bursts of that popular lime green that I can't remember the name of... It will be in my house this holiday season. Love it!

Or you could also do an all white/cream and glass tree which I did for years pre-kids. Wow is it a stunner to have all glass ornaments. Someday when they are older maybe they will let me do that again. :)

mummysnowflake2614

Retire Member
Jul 2, 2008

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Those are pretty colors. Very rick looking. I remember seeing in Kmart lots of decorations in those colors. You can use a lot of natural things for decorations, like nuts, pinecones, cinnamon sticks.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007